Home Chat General Chat

duathlon clothing???

Im filling in for someone who cant make the nairnshire challenge next week, its a 13mile offroad run then an 18mile cycle in that order. Having never done a duathlon I was wondering if people where tri suits for it or change from running to cycling at these type of events.

Comments

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    I wore my trisuit to an off road duathlon last weekend, quite a few people did as it happens. The thought of running miles and miles in cycling shorts wasn't worth entertaining.

Unfortunatley, my mountain bike fell apart after 6km and was unfixable so I had to drop out. I've now reistered my first DNF and even though its down to mechanical failure it hurts like hell.

Bring on Eton on Sunday!

Note: Theres a mountain bike in a skip near the Thames in Reading if anyones interested.
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Cheers Wella, hard luck on the DNF, onwards and upwards eh. Think I'll do duathlon in tri suit.
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    For what it's worth, I like doing duathlons in my cycling gear. More comfort on the bike and quicker transition times are my preference. It helps that I have a nice pair of Endura cycling shorts (more expensive than any other shorts I've bought, but sooooo comfortable) that I could wear all day long.
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    I know what you mean rpopper. I have endura bibshorts that are incredibly comfortable, but am a little bit hesitant at running a half marathon with out trying a few shorter runs first. Might try a few runs with them at a later date, cheers.
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I've done long runs in my Pearl Izumi stuff, very comfy. Could be worth a look?