Home Chat General Chat

cycling- numble..."nuts"

Hello,

Question to the guys out there..

After around one hour riding, I always have this -unpleasant - numbness.

What to do to get rid (or at least limit) this?

Thanks

Comments

• hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Hi, I used to have that problem. It'll be down to your saddle. Are you sitting constantly for the duration? try shifting your weight every now and then. A saddles a very personal thing, I tried three beforeI found one that cured it. It turned out to be quite a cheap one!. Talk to your bike shop, down to trial and error Im afraid. Good luck.
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    Yeah, I get that on longer rides, too. Shift your position in the saddle when you start to feel the numbness. I find it kind of scary, even after several years of training. But don't panic, no long-term damage has been noted, and the sensations will return after about 5 minutes in a new position.
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    Update on the cycling numbness: I have been told by those who know much more about these things than I do that this sort of numbness is to be taken quite seriously and not ignored.

In many cases, it seems that this numbness can be caused by incorrect seat positioning and/or an unsuitable saddle. It is advisable to make adjustments to your seat positioning or try a different saddle as soon as possible, to avoid any long-term nerve damage.

One long-term side effect, as indicated by a poster on another Tri Forum, can be erectile dysfunction. Yes, that's right: erectile dysfunction, as in "you might not be able to get it up". So, it is more serious than I had previously thought.