Home Chat General Chat

Talkback: Kuaiwear Kuai Biometric Headphones – first look

Hi All,

Im one of the people involved in the creation of Kuai and wanted to add some details to this article which I thought should be of interest to the 220 community...

- Kuai has been created by triathletes for triathletes, with the aim to provide a tool to exercise more efficiently Running, Cycling and Swimming! We also have in the team a bunch of very clever Doctors, Engineers, Athletes and Business people with huge experience in the industry

- Kuai connects to your existing devices by ANT+ so you can get data from your bike sensors and powers meters, and also send all the data to your sport watch

- Kuai has a heart rate sensor integrated inside the earbud that provide similar accuracy as heart rate straps, clinically validated by Duke University (link to medical white papers in our web) and it works under water!

- Kuai is 3 meters waterproofed, so it can be used for swimming, it will automatically recognize your pool laps and if you manually enter the pool size it will recognize the speed and distance

- Kuai replaces the need to wear a heart rate strap during any sport and for running it also replaces your footpod, it internal accelerometer provides accurate pace, distance and cadence

- When you use Kuai the first time you must do a resting heart rate test and maximum heart rate test, after that your heart rate zones are calculated and Kuai will voice guide you through your training based on intensity

- You can customized your voice alerts based on intensity and Kuai will alert you if you go above or bellow your chosen parameters, for example when you go above certain heart rate, bellow certain pace/speed, bellow certain cadence, reach certain distance, etc. You can also set voice alerts based on time or distance, for hydration and nutrition

- You can also easily create interval training plans and Kuai will voice guide you to make sure you do your intervals at the correct intensity, time and distance

- Kuai can operate autonomously using its 8GB internal memory, you don't need to carry a phone, Kuai stores your music and training plans, and saves your sport data in .FIT so after your workouts you can synchronies it with Kuai Apps or export your data to the sport app you are currently using

- We are currently working with professional athletes and coaches to create a range training plans available to download to your Kuai headphones (we have a 5 x world champion in the team)

I am sure I am missing things, but these should give you an idea of what Kuai is capable of. Kuai is a serious training tool, and with software upgrades we will keep adding new features

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them, we love what we do and we are very proud of the product we are creating! Apart from outside investment we have invested a considerable amount of personal funds and relocated with our families to Shenzhen (electronics world capital in China), we are fully committed to Kuai!

I look forward to your feedback and hope you can support the project, we are currently taking pre-orders in our website at 40% discount during a limited time, and we have also created a very interested Ambassador Program that may be of interest to some of you

I am personally available at: carlos at kuaiwear . com

Carlos & Kuaiwear Team

Comments

• Jamie220Jamie220 Posts: 168

Thanks for the additional info Carlos!

• Hi All,

Im one of the people involved in the creation of Kuai and wanted to add some details to this article which I thought should be of interest to the 220 community...

- Kuai has been created by triathletes for triathletes, with the aim to provide a tool to exercise more efficiently Running, Cycling and Swimming! We also have in the team a bunch of very clever Doctors, Engineers, Athletes and Business people with huge experience in the industry

- Kuai connects to your existing devices by ANT+ so you can get data from your bike sensors and powers meters, and also send all the data to your sport watch

- Kuai has a heart rate sensor integrated inside the earbud that provide similar accuracy as heart rate straps, clinically validated by Duke University (link to medical white papers in our web) and it works under water!

- Kuai is 3 meters waterproofed, so it can be used for swimming, it will automatically recognize your pool laps and if you manually enter the pool size it will recognize the speed and distance

- Kuai replaces the need to wear a heart rate strap during any sport and for running it also replaces your footpod, it internal accelerometer provides accurate pace, distance and cadence

- When you use Kuai the first time you must do a resting heart rate test and maximum heart rate test, after that your heart rate zones are calculated and Kuai will voice guide you through your training based on intensity

- You can customized your voice alerts based on intensity and Kuai will alert you if you go above or bellow your chosen parameters, for example when you go above certain heart rate, bellow certain pace/speed, bellow certain cadence, reach certain distance, etc. You can also set voice alerts based on time or distance, for hydration and nutrition

- You can also easily create interval training plans and Kuai will voice guide you to make sure you do your intervals at the correct intensity, time and distance

- Kuai can operate autonomously using its 8GB internal memory, you don't need to carry a phone, Kuai stores your music and training plans, and saves your sport data in .FIT so after your workouts you can synchronies it with Kuai Apps or export your data to the sport app you are currently using

- We are currently working with professional athletes and coaches to create a range training plans available to download to your Kuai headphones (we have a 5 x world champion in the team)

I am sure I am missing things, but these should give you an idea of what Kuai is capable of. Kuai is a serious training tool, and with software upgrades we will keep adding new features

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them, we love what we do and we are very proud of the product we are creating! Apart from outside investment we have invested a considerable amount of personal funds and relocated with our families to Shenzhen (electronics world capital in China), we are fully committed to Kuai!

I look forward to your feedback and hope you can support the project, we are currently taking pre-orders in our website at 40% discount during a limited time, and we have also created a very interested Ambassador Program that may be of interest to some of you

I am personally available at: carlos at kuaiwear . com

Carlos & Kuaiwear Team
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280

Would probably be OK for using down the gym but not much use to triathletes IMO.

It would be illegal  to race in these in a BT or IM  Triathlon  so I don't see the point in buying a pair to train in then come race day reverting back to your usual gadgets for data readout.

I wouldn't risk my life going out on my bike wearing any kind of ear buds.

• Hi Bathtub,

Kuai is a training tool... 60% of people already train with headphones and the race day they can not use them. You will still train with your watch and use it in the race day, the difference is that in the race day you will use a hr strap and footpod.

Kuai not only give you the sensor data, but it also gives you voice feedback to make sure you train at your best... Voice alerts, interval sessions and downloadable training plans will assist your train better.

We train 99% of the time (we created Kuai for that), for the 1% of the time we race you will not use Kuai, but the improvement you made due to the better training should make you perform better.

For Cycling we supply "open air" eartips, specifically designed to allow the outside noise in and for extra security you can just wear one side and not have music on.

Don't forget Kuai also works in the water and voice guide you to make sure you swim at your desired intensity and speed.

We firmly believe Kuai is a great tool for triathlon training, but we also understand it will take time to get triathletes to realise Kuai is an additional training tool, not a device that replaces everything but one that easily integrates with their existing devices and helps improve performance.

Thanks

Carlos
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280

Thanks for the feedback Carlos

I take onboard your training points but I don't think Kuai is for me. 

Good Luck with your product and wishing you a successful future for Kuai.