Home Chat Race Chat

My First Triathlon

New to the group and new to Triathlon, I only started swimming in July, and this Sunday (13/9) I'm doing the Derby Triathlon...madness!!!

Comments

• Hey Baldy, how did it go?!

• BaldyBaldy Posts: 16

Loved it! Swim wasn't great, had some issues with a really slow swimmer in my lane who I couldn't pass, Bike went well and I PB'd on the Run...Finished in 1:27:13.

• Well done Baldy!! Glad to see you enjoyed it, I hope to follow in your footsteps soon!

• BaldyBaldy Posts: 16

Go for it, you won't regret it!

• risris Posts: 1,002

your wallet might... 

• Oh I know!! I'm looking at bikes at the minute, even looking hurts!! Any thoughts on the Planet X bikes, I have been eyeing up the exocet it makes me week at the knees!! 

there is plenty to enjoy about P-X bikes and lots of people that have and like them. you'll see loads of them at races, too. if you like them and they suit your budget then why not? 

the only risks i can see are about fit (making sure the frame geometry is suited to you) because you are ordering online. some are sniffy about them, but i think they would do a lot of racers a great job.

• Yea true, was hoping to go and have a shot of one down at the shop before I hand over any cash and make sure it's comfortable, I just don't see the point in buying a road bike that's going to cost 1k then 6 months later wishing I'd held off a little longer and got a proper tri bike. Maybe I'm being a little daft but I'm male so why wouldn't I be haha.    

it always starts with just one bike... and before you know it you have more carbon in your garage / living room / kitchen than is probably sensible...