Home Chat General Chat

Talkback: Best triathlon bike saddles review 2015

it looks like there's been a massive development since 2013-14 as i cannot see any Koobi saddles here originally praised and reviewed all over the place.

i guess i know why now

no bitterness, no pretends, this is just a reflection over a couple of mistakes i made recently and a piece of good advice that might help you to avoid this far from marvellous product

I have owned this saddle for several months now which is pretty much how long it has been taking me to readjust to this saddle. i am not sure how anyone can see it as a comfortable mid range mileage saddle of a good value.

I have bought this saddle, following a lengthy research and various recommendations of people i considered experts in their field including fellow cyclists and triathletes.

to my great surprise and dismay what arrived was far from the superior light-weight split nose saddle i was convinced i had bought.

perhaps the most obvious are the bizarre sides near the sit bones area made of black textile - allegedly kevlar?tha is hard to believe as they are not durable as expected !? (the black part on the side - the photo on the internet does not provide a detail - for a good reason i guess) most ridiculous - why would I want the sides of my saddle made of significantly less durable material than the rest. to save a couple of grams? i can only hope now that i will remember not to lean my bike against a wall or anything ever again to avoid damage of these fragile ‘patches’. Having examined this thoroughly i can see clearly now how the stitches are unevenly tightened as if someone was trying to stitch it on the hard support part. i can definitely feel the seams border lines after about twenty minutes. takes some getting used to and thus I do not consider it a sleek design at all.

I am not expecting this saddle to last more than one season. the stitching is already showing a sign of strain and wear.

just one more thing -

I have stuff shipped from the US to the UK regularly and it seems a very common practice of the senders/internet sellers to declare much lower value of the items shipped on the label/declaration sticker than is the actual price of the items - it often prevents customs from snooping around and damaging parcels which are then inadequatly re-taped, it saves customers a lot on import duty and tax, which is ok with most of us.

i am not quite sure what koobi was thinking declaring higher price of the saddle on the label than what i actually paid as this resulted in Customs demanding a hefty import duty, without them even opening the package as the label was so carefully filled out!

Comments