Home Training for a Triathlon

Hotel room exercises for swimming

Morning Everyone, 

I'm away with work at the moment and I was wondering if anyone had any exercises that I could do in a hotel room to help my swim. Sadly I can't go out for a run, there is no gym and there is no pool.  

any advice welcome!

Comments

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425
    Get some stretch cords, can do lots of swim action like stuff with them. Fairly easy to mimic the catch and pull through with rotation incorporated. The more you stretch the cord the more resistance there is. Lots of stuff on Youtube but look for multi-joint movements that mimic swimming actions. Clearly wont be as good as swimming

Core work is much neglected and is essential for good movement whatever the sport (plank, side plank, crunches, crunch with twist, wipers, dorsal raises etc but not sit ups). If you can get a fit ball in there (may need to pump up) then the workouts are almost limitless (most core exercises plus press ups, jackknife, jackknife with twist, side raises, bridges, pikes, reverse pikes etc)
  • Thanks Harry, 

Sadly I don't have any stretch cords with me but I'll focus on the core work - God knows my saggy midrift could benefit from a little focus!