Home Chat General Chat

Day after tiredness

If your new to double training it could be your body is still trying to adjust to the change. I felt dreadful when I first started training, and not much better now I've started trying to do doubles. But it does get better. Don't get me wrong, there could be other reasons but this is one of the most likely.

Comments

• 3speed3speed Posts: 16
    training dips are common when upping your exercise as your body adjusts to the new stresses placed on it - I think spoty boffins call it aclimitisation (can't even spell it myself)!!!

try to look at your carb intake though - as your glycogen stores can deplete over successive days training leaving you feeling a bit as you are now. In other words you might not have topped up your glycogen levels before you start your next next training session - so your training on a decreasing amount of glycogen in your muscles.

andrew
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    So training has now been upped to attempting twice a day, then at weekend transition training.

My query is I come into work absolutely knackered, maybe not so much feeling worn down, but rather tired, like I could go back to bed.

Whats wrong. Am I not getting enough sleep, not eating the right foods after training, or not eating correctly full stop.

Anybody got any tips on how to get over this.

I thought doing all this training would mean I would be more alert, fitter etc lol.

• 3speed3speed Posts: 16
    sorry everyone - that should have been sporty boffins!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    Bonus aint wrong - you need to give your body chance to adapt and recover from any change to your training patterns. Your body is a creature of habit & likes repetive behaviour. What enables us to reach new heights of say fitness is challenging the body to adapt to small increases of demand wether that be in terms of speed strenght endurance or whatever. What is vital that should you increase your training that you must a) give your body time to adapt to these new demands before increasing them again & b) that you recognise what needs your body will have in response to these new demands eg recovery nutrionally including water etc.

Stepping up to 2 sessions a day takes a lot out of you & should be filtered into your training rather than jumpinmg in at the deep end and effectively doubling up al your sessions per day. ( I can be a massive culprit of of over training - I start to see gains so I do more to get more ...is a viscious cycle)

The nutrional needs your body will demand need to be managed so as not to strip your body of all that vital muscle tissue you have built up so far - you may consider ading extra protein to your daily intake (I find a protein drink on waking plus one after each training session helps me maintain weight) as well balancing your carbohydrate intake in meals and if need be drink during & post training. I wont patronise or bore you with with detail as am sure you faimilar with stuff around diet etc.

Most of all listen to your body - if it needs some down time let it - a power nap in the afternoon (esp if you doubling up on your session that day) will massively aid the recovery process

madnurse
    Thanks for that, much better response than I was expecting.

Cheers.

PS I don't find your dietery tips patronising. I think it is the main problem. ie Last night after doing a run, and then rugby 7s training I went home and had a couple fo glasses of water, followed by two turkey escalope sandwiches. Not the perfect diet lol.

So I will take your dietery tips very seriously.

Jason

**You always miss 100% of the shots you don't take**

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Hi Jason,

Are you doing sevens training as well as your double sessions? I remember what sevens was like.. great fun but bloody knackering...

I agree with the others.. adaptation process when increasing training leaves you wanting to sleep all the time...

jazdog
    I do the 7s training twice a week in the evening. But I will probably be in the pool before I got to work.

7s is bloody hard, total different fitness levels to triathlon.

Can't wait till it's over lol.