Home Training for a Triathlon

Nutrition App

I am looking to start training for my first Iron Man. I am trying to put a nutrition plan together, and I need a good app for Android to track my nutrition. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Myfitness Pal is probably one of the better apps due to the size of the database it has. 

If you need any help putting together a plan let me know, I'm a registered SENr nutritionist. Head over to www.performancesciencenutrition.co.uk for more info. 

• Can't compare with anything else but I've been using Myfitness Pal for nine months in prep for IM.  Gives nutritional info as well as net calories if synced with garmin for example. As Tom says it has a large database and allows you to input your own foods and recipes if there's anything you can't find.

• I'm working with a personal trainer in Edinburgh called JCfitness personal training Edinburgh at the moment for training and especially nutrition and my personal trainer has me using an app called MyFitnessPal, which is by Under Armour.  It's really useful! As a starting point, you will need to work out your caloric intake and macronutrient breakdown, which you will enter into the app, and this is a little more complicated as it is based on your goals and needs.  This is something my personal trainer works out for me, but you may be able to lean to figure it out yourself.  Hope this helps!