Home Chat General Chat

Derby Swim Coach

Does anybody out there know of a decent swim coach in the Derby area? I can't go another season swimming as slow as I do!

Comments

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I have not used them so can not recommend or otherwise, but have a look at splashfit - they do one to one sessions. I'm planning on getting one for Christmas...
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    not entirely local, but there is a 1-1 swim place with endless pool in leicester - swimtherapy i think. not been there myself, but some bcttt-ers have.
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Why not join Derby Tri club? They have coached swim sessions Tuesday and Thursday nights.
  • move up forum
  • I don't know how close Resultsfitness is to you, but Gary and Di are awesome - They took me from DNFing the swim at the Long Course Weekend to blitzing the swim at IMWales in 1:18
    They're amazing and I drive 2 hours each way just to go to them....
    http://www.resultsfitnessandswimming.co.uk/diane-lee-gary-mccaffery-coaching-for-triathlons-derbyshire.html
    And this year they'll help me get faster!
    I go to see them at Bakewell, which in the scheme of things isn't that far away from Derby I don't think?
    Well worth the drive anyway imho
  • Thanks guys, that gives me a starter!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    They took me from DNFing the swim at the Long Course Weekend to blitzing the swim at IMWales in 1:18
    You know you went out too quick on that swim....
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    They took me from DNFing the swim at the Long Course Weekend to blitzing the swim at IMWales in 1:18
    That is a fantastic achievement. Well Done
  • shadowone1 wrote:
    You know you went out too quick on that swim....
    I don't care. I wasn't picked up by a life boat and swam faster than I ever have in my life!
    The problem was balancing power for the course to finish the swim given the conditions, with having left energy for the rest of the race....
    And as we all know, yes, I got the balance wrong - but that's learning for ya!
  • bathtub wrote:
    That is a fantastic achievement. Well Done
    Cheers! I swam a lot in between and my progress was down to two things - an excellent coach who believed in me more than I did and sheer bloody mindedness (I couldn't swim properly at all last year!)...
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i put it down to the outboard motor you were wearing...
  • ris wrote:
    i put it down to the outboard motor you were wearing...
    U mean the one i got from b70?
  • Hi
    If you cant go to the one that sonofsammo use, the look atyour local swiming pool. I go to Swadlincote and use the same teacher taht teachers my kids and I am making massive i roads for £3.40 a week. THe only issue is that the lesson are with 3 old ladies
  • Used a place in North Derbyshire called DS Swim. Really good coach, helped both me and my daughter (she's a competitive swimmer). All focused on technique which is exactly what I was looking for. Obviously worked as we both hit big PBs within a month of going!

• gavinpgavinp Posts: 168

I have a swim squad in Moulton College (Northampton) three times a week early mornings if you can make it.  A few people in the squad travel about an hour to get there so it's possible from Derby.

Also, I am doing a Swim Smooth swim clinic in Northampton in December if you are interested:

http://bit.ly/2bJSmpp

Alternatively get in touch if you want and we can do a 1-2-1.