Home Training for a Triathlon

70.3 Training Plans

Hi all.

I'm doing my first 70.3 this year and I'm beginning to up my training schedule. My question is can anyone recommend a good training plan? I have a couple which are 6 day plans and I'm prepared to put the appropriate effort into these. However, the one published recently in 220 is a four day plan which may fit into my life much better. 

I'm looking to complete rather than compete so knocking myself out every day is not particularly appealing. Having said that I do want to give it a good go and not just do the bare minimum. Does anyone think you can achieve this distance on a four day plan? I'm in my mid forties, reasonably fit having done several sprints and Olympic distance triathlons.

Comments

• gavinpgavinp Posts: 168

With at least one season behind you, and starting your training now you'll have no problem completing.

I have no idea what the plans you are looking at are like but as long as you are specific with your training and upping the distance sensibly over the time before you race you will be fine.

Don't forget your swimming.  Start your training now and don't leave it until last minute..

Above all, have fun!