Home Chat General Chat

Magazine subscription/tri suit

Hello, has anyone else had any issues with receiving the tri suit when signing up for the magazine subscription?
I have been waiting weeks, have received the mag and had money taken from my account, but no suit. Sent emails to the magazine subscription people but never even get a reply. Tried 220 on facebook, nothing yet.
This is probably not 220's issue but puts them in a bad light.

Comments

• matt bairdmatt baird Posts: 13
    Hi Rod
    Sorry, sent you a reply on facebook this morning. Here's what the marketing team here said...

"Apologies for the delay in sending out the tri-suits. These are being exclusively produced for 220 Triathlon Magazine and will not be available until the end of May. This was specified in the terms and conditions. Thank you for your patience."

Keep us posted if you've not heard anything by the end of the month.

Cheers, Matt (220)
  • rodtheplodrodtheplod Posts: 12
    Thanks Matt.

I missed the T&C bit.

Something to look forward to getting at the end of this month/start of next.

Your a gent.
  • My job for Monday morning was was to phone 220 and have a rant! lol.....post has saved me the effort!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Patience is a virtue.

Standard practice for most subscription offers is for the company to see how many subscribe and then order that number,rather than order a shed load and still have a shed load left when no one subscribes,not exactly good economics,factor in the manufacturing turnaround and you get,delivery in six to eight weeks.
  • LorelieLorelie Posts: 5
    Hi I really want to take up this offer but can't find a link, it's a goggles set now. Am I too late? I rang the helpline and was told i could order next week, but I suspect the offer has passed... ????
  • Brewin141Brewin141 Posts: 5

I believe this iffer has now ended as cannot find it anywhere,

It was on facebook about 6 weeks ago & like others in the thread from years ago still having issues getting the tri suit,

hoping someone from 220 will get back in contact about it soon as it paints them in a very bad light

• Chris PipeChris Pipe Posts: 3

Hello

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all and thank you for your patience regarding the tri suits.

As Matt alluded to, the initial order was a large quantity of suits exclusively produced and based on the popularity of similar campaigns we have run in the past. Needless to say we didn't order enough as the offer was much more popular than we anticipated. We were then unfortunately notified a timely resupply wouldn't be available, so we ended the promotion and have been working to find an alternative supply since.

I'm pleased to say we've recently done so and are now working our way through the orders. If you have placed an order, you should receive a tri suit and a letter detailing this soon.

Again, thank you for your patience and sorry if you've had to wait or missed out on the promotion.

Thank you, Chris (220)

Hi Chris,

Could I ask why after a week of waiting for a reply from the customer service team at 220 even when they advise there is a 48 hours responce time, have been sent an email to say you will not be sending out tri-suits as they are no longer available even after the post you put on the 19/05/17 @ 11.13. to advise they are being sent out?

Please could someone look into this as it is now getting beyond acceptable,

I am sure I am not the only person intrested to know what is going on with regards to this issue.

Many thanks

• Chris PipeChris Pipe Posts: 3

Hi Brewin141,

Firstly, I'm sorry for the confusion around the communications you've received and the length of time taken for a member of customer service to get back to you. It's not acceptable and I'll raise this internally.

To clear matters up, we've ordered a batch of replacement tri suits and are currently working through the backlog.

We'd like to sincerely thank you, and any subscriber waiting for a tri suit, for you continued patience.

Chris (220)

• I'll follow this as I too am waiting for my tri suit!

Good Evening Linda,

I still have not had mine if thats any consolation & the email I had from the customer service department just says they are looking into it.

That was over a week ago,Not great service if honest but if I get any updates I will post it on here or if by some miracle one arrives.

• Dan TDan T Posts: 1

I'm also still waiting.

• Hi all

Again, apologies you've had to wait - our warehouse have processed and sent nearly all of the orders out now, a large portion of which was dispatched this week so the tri wear should be arriving with you all very soon.

Once again, we're sorry for the delay in getting stock out to those waiting - we've unfortunately had to wait on suppliers, which we appreciate is frustrating.

Thank you for your continued patience, Chris (220)

• sfarrowsfarrow Posts: 4

Hi Chris,

First of all thanks for keeping us updated, it's a shame that this is the only place we can all find an update from 220.

Are there any plans to do anything to address the fact that the terms of this offer state we would receive the suit after 28 days of the direct debit being taken? I am current well over the month now since payment was taken.

At a minimum a letter could have been send within the 28 days to apologise to customers?

Again thanks for the update and apologies that you are getting the brunt of this, but a way to feedback this information would be good.

Regards,

Scott

• I'm sure I'm not the only one who subscribed to get the tri suit for the racing season...THIS season! You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression, and this has been poorly handled 220.

I can confirm that the tri suit has finally arrived,A month after it should have been here but at least it have arrived.

Hopefully the rest of you that are waiting have one popping through your door very soon

220 have not handled the whole issue very well with mis-communication or no communication over the issues they were having with regards to the tri suits.

In fact there customer service team (who I am still awiting a reply from 2 weeks after them send me an email advising they would get back to me on the issue) gave me mis-information a few times & if honest were no help at all.

I do have to give credit were it is due & that has to go to Chris Pipe (220) who has been keeping the fourm up to date with the tri suit issue & was as good as his word when he said they were shipping the out this week.

Thank you Chris for restoring my faith in finding at least one person at 220 who cares about there customers