Home Chat General Chat

partner required for team GB awad

im hoping to get to hamburg as team GB member but as im registered blind i will need a partner to do the olympic distance along side me and to be on front of my tandem if anyone can help please email me .grahamkiff@btinternet.com

Comments

• hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Thats interesting Kiffy what sort of time are you aiming for with your swim?
  • kiffy68kiffy68 Posts: 8
    i did a full distance olympic last week to see how i was and i did swim in 41mins in a pool,bike was 1hr 26 in traffic on a hilly route which was windy as it was on the south coast,run was 59 mins
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Thats good going! Although I wouldnt be able to help you,Im curious to know how you do your swim in a pool? do you count your stokes? get a warning poolside or is someone swimming along side you for the turn?
    although im registered blind ,i still have some usefull vision left at the moment so i can still see the end of the pool.it does get a bick awkward when i swim in pools sometimes if theres too many people in,but they are good at my local pool and will close me alane off if i ask.
  • BarbsaramaBarbsarama Posts: 73
    Hi Kiffy,

Can you please tell me when the race is and where you are based?

Thanks

Barbs
    hi barbs the race is sept 2nd and i am based near oxford .