Home Chat General Chat

pacemaker

When wearing a hrm chest strap my heart rate stays around the same level no matter what I do. I've got a pacemaker fitted and wonder if it is affecting the hrm results. Anybody have the same or any suggestions.

Comments

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425
    Have a chat with your cardiologist or the cardiology technician who sets up your pacemaker about the issue.
  • I have because I don't have any problems with the hrm whilst on the bike or swimming just running. He as checked the pacemaker it is working fine and doing its thing and he doesn't understand what is going on. He suggested reaching out to any athlete not just triathletes and see if anyone else is having issues. I've had a couple of runners who stopped using their hrm because they had issues and felt the pacemaker was interfering with the monitor. Just wondered, am erring on ditching the hrm.

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425
    If you get nothing here why not try email the same question to your HRM and pacemaker manufacturers?
  • good idea thanks have been in touch with St. Judes the pacemaker manufacturers but not tried Garmin might be worth a try. St. Judes just refered me to my cardiologist so no help there.

• CarlGCarlG Posts: 1
    Never had this problem myself. I have a Medtronic PM and have used cheap unbranded straps without issue. I tend to use a Polarloop one now connected to phone app and again no problems.

I can't understand why it's only when running. Have you tried to borrow someone else's to check it's not a faulty unit?