Home Gear Triathlon Gear

How to turn my Canyon AEROAD into a TT Bike?

Hi! Recently this year I bough a new Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 7.0 Di2 (awsome bike btw) mainly for road cylcing and ITU triathlons. Now Im about to do an Ironman 70.3 and Im woindering wich is the best way to turn my bike into a TT bike for the aero benefit. Currently my bike has the CANYON H11 handlebar, wich makes it impossible to attach generic aerobars to it, therefore Im thinking my only way is to buy a TT handlebar set...

Any ideas, suggestions?

Comments

• Hi, have you managed to do that eventually?

• Andrew4Andrew4 Posts: 190

Hi

I have looked at changing bars on Canyon - I fear that the issue you may have is not just on bars but the stem. I know the stem on the Ultimate and Endurance is 1/4" rather than 1/8" (or the other way round, can't remember which).  Now I am by no means an expert on stems and steerers but understand this might cause problems - but keen to know if it ends up working alright.

• Hi, I'm in the same predicament. Just bought the 8.0 di2. And every year I do 1x Olympic triathlon. Previously used clip on bars on a road bike. Now not sure which options to take. 

• Does anyone question why a brand doesn't think about its consumers and what they may want to do in the future? Giant are the same.