Home Buy Triathlon Gear

Helmets on Wiggle

Hi all I was on wiggle today looking at the Giro Synthe, there was a  2015 model available for £100. However if I log on from an Irish URL, the price increases by £34 plus. This is despite there being a free delivery policy to Ireland and the UK still being in the EU. This is particularly galling as the argument of language barriers cannot be used. If I use an address in the North of Ireland, the price immediately drops to the £100 as on the website. Is this not double standards and false advertising?? While not really surprised at multinationals - I expected a bit of decorum from our bike traders. Obviously not

Comments

• Not something simple like the irish price is in Euros?

• Andrew4Andrew4 Posts: 190

Irish probably adjusted to some extent for cost of paying in Euro, e.g exchange rate costs, international transaction fees etc? Still shouldn't be 34%

• There is no VAT on helmets in the UK, so expect to see an extra 23% VAT

• jmcd12 wrote (see)

Hi all I was on wiggle today looking at the Giro Synthe, there was a  2015 model available for £100. However if I log on from an Irish URL, the price increases by £34 plus. This is despite there being a free delivery policy to Ireland and the UK still being in the EU. This is particularly galling as the argument of language barriers cannot be used. If I use an address in the North of Ireland, the price immediately drops to the £100 as on the website. Is this not double standards and false advertising?? While not really surprised at multinationals - I expected a bit of decorum from our bike traders. Obviously not

Typical case of a customer not understanding the legalities of tax but blaming the company. I am non lover of wiggle, they've questions to answer about the authenticity of a lot of what they sell but to give them a kicking because of this is rubbish. You will, however, find your local bike shop full of people who care, do it right and want to help. Give them a go.