Home Chat General Chat

Tour De France 2007

RobRob Posts: 209
Wiggins for the prologue, Vinokourov for the overall win. Any other suggestions?

Just heading up to London to watch the time trial.

Comments

• mini__Cmini__C Posts: 44
    what about Ivan Basso to win the tour??
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    mini__C wrote:

what about Ivan Basso to win the tour??

He was suspended by his team for his involvement in a big blood doping bust that happend a while back.

He later admitted that he had used a Doctor to store blood to later be put back in to him to increase his blood volume RBC count at a later date.

He then said that he had never done it before and this was his first time[;)]

Theres a big 'Clamp down' on drugs in Cycling, or so they say.

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Anybody been watching this on TV/live at the first stage? Where did McEwen come from on that first stage?! He must have had a serious bowl of something for his breakfast that morning. And Steegmans beating Boonen? I bet Boonen had some words with him about that. Still sticking with Vinokourov for the win.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Still going for Vino after yesterdays stage???????
  • mini__Cmini__C Posts: 44
    not likely since he crashed....and lost like more than a minute, he needs a miracle to get back up with fabio cancelllar.......but the way, hes doing great at the moment, if he could keep his jersey over the mountain stages I reckon he has a chance in winning this.

What do you think?

Chris

No, I think he will blow up on the first mountain stage but his showing so far is impressive.
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    Vino all the way! I haven't seen the results of todays stage yet, so I don't know what state he's in, but to pull back the way he did on the stage he crashed, in the state he was in, shows he's got some mettle. He was a bit of a mess. There's still a long way to go. If nothing else it'll make things more interesting. Cadel Evans seems fave with the pundits. Don't rule out Hincapie.
    I think Vino is pulling a fast one and making out he is more injured than he really is Sundays stage will sort out the real contenders.The rider who is impressing me most is Zabel showing that he can still cut it in the sprints even at his age.