Home Gear Triathlon Gear

Wetsuit sizing

Hi,  I am looking for my first wetsuit.  I have tried to fit into only one but was unable to zip it up. at all. I'm a short arse at only 5ft 5".  I am carrying a bit of spare tyre weight about 3kg, I have a 34" chest but I have a slightly curved spine.  Are tri wetsuits all cut small on top or do they vary brand to brand?  I'd have thought that many triathletes are quite in the chest area.

Am I just in need of a good diet to loose the fat?  Feel free to be honest. Thanks.

Comments

• ColShiColShi Posts: 6
    The size guides provided by brands are purely just that...guides. Every brand will fit slightly differently, so that is why it is always a good idea to try a few different suits on to make sure they fit well around the neck, chest and arms in particular. From experience, the HUUB suits seem to be quite tight fitting for people with larger chests. Orca suits tend to fit well for people with wider necks! Zone3 seem to be fairly standard fitting as far as UK ???normal??? sizing goes. Not sure about other brands!! Hope that helps!!
  • MgalexMgalex Posts: 28
    Thanks, that???s great food for thought. It???s like cycling. If it???s Italian, add two sizes
  • p9ulp9ul Posts: 5

IIRC, Huub for example recommend to prioritise weight over height when picking your size - which I'd agree with, but their suits are tight fitting as ColShi says.

Does anyone use the Zone 3 Advance and have any advice on it please?

• ColShiColShi Posts: 6

Has always got good reviews on 220 Triathlon as a great entry level suit. Be careful with putting it on as it seems to be a bit more susceptible to nail damage, etc than some others!

Have a look at it here and use their discount code "Athlos10" to get an extra 10% off! 

https://athlostriathlon.com/triathlon/men-s-advance-wetsuit

Hi there, in the end I went for an Orca S7.  it's great I've done one ow swim and it even makes me look slim!..... ish  Thanks for your advice