1 wanna be your dog- the stooges

2 hurt - johnny cash

3 miss sarajevo - u2 pavaroti

top 3 for a long climb

1 music response- chemical brothers

2 tour de france- kraftwerk

3 stairway to heavan- led zeppelin

anyone got any other suggestions?

ps. nobody is allowed to give me a row for listening to music on the bike!!!

Comments

• shadwellshadwell Posts: 1
    I personally like a bit of joe longthorne.
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    Stu33, I would never criticise anyone who listens to Iggy & the Stooges for listening to music on the bike and endangering yourself and other road users. Never.

Personally, I only listen to music on the turbo trainer, much too nervous on London's roads (and even the back roads of Essex) to listen on the open road. In no particular order:

- Talking Heads, "Found a Job" (and I can pretty much keep moving through the entire "Remain in Light" album, too)

- Outkast, "I Like the Way You Move" is on all my exercise playlists

- Young MC, "It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right" is guaranteed to get cadence up to 120, no matter what the conditions

- MC Hammer, "Can't Touch This" will keep the cadence up there if needed for a second wind

- The Ramones, "I Wanna Be Sedated" (and, for that matter, any combination of their 3-minute speed-injections will keep your feet moving beyond voluntary control)

- And let's not forget the Beatles - "Helter Skelter" and "Twist and Shout" can still do it to the heart rate every time

...And I have been listening to a lot of the White Stripes lately. "De Stijl" is my favorite album of theirs.
  • TheMonkTheMonk Posts: 10
    I cant hear cars through wind noise anyway! "Rage Against The Machine" back to back in date order with "bite the hand that feeds" by NIN so i know when each Album finishes. You gotta have a system.
  • BarbsaramaBarbsarama Posts: 73
    When i'm winding up on the bike: Dire Straits and Money for Nothing - it has a great intro that just gets me a bit amped. Also ACDC Back in Black I enjoy too [:)]
  • pigletpiglet Posts: 86
    Love those tracks!!

I love ACDC- pretty much all of them. What about Led Zep "Rock'n Roll"

Give it a whirl - Split Enz

"Even better than the real thing" and "Beautiful Day" U2

"Paint it Black- Rolling Stones-but they have loads of tracks to choose from!!

"Kick" by INXS

"Keep on Running" Spencer Davis Group

"Fortunate Son"- CCR

"Run to the Hills"- Iron Maiden- corny I know but a great track to get you going

Yeah for I-Pods[;)]- so much easier than the portable CD players that skipped all the time.[:'(]

• mozzamozza Posts: 5
    If I could only have 3 tunes in the gym / on a run:

Doves - Pounding

Hard-Fi - Hard To Beat

The Jam - Town Called Mallice

Also check out

TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me (little known but highly recommended)

Doves - Black and White Town

This week I have found the Buzzcocks to be nothing short of inspirational on the turbo trainer.

And, um, TheMonk, call me old-fashioned, call me over the the hill, but if you can't hear cars because of the wind noise, then why would you want to add even more noise to block out the sounds around you by listening to music, too?

Yes, I know, I'm old-fashioned and over the hill.
  • TheMonkTheMonk Posts: 10
    I don’t listen to music on my bike, I’m pretty sure the Highway Code is against it. That’s just my motivational music for rowing and boxing, Stu said he didn’t want lectures on safety. I'll call you old fashioned and over the hill if you think it will help?
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    The list is endless, but have to say most of Zane Lowes show on radio one is guaranteed to get the adrenaline pumping. A lot of the Fratellies stuff is up there at the moment and not forgetting Never mind the Bollocks just before the bike comes out of the shed!!
  • ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Good choices!
    TheMonk wrote:

I'll call you old fashioned and over the hill if you think it will help?

Yes, that's better now.

No lectures on safety.

And, can I say one more time, anything by the Ramones (even the stuff produced by Phile Specter) is good for motivation.