Home Chat General Chat

foot pains??

hi

I got foot pains on the outside of my foot while running got any ideas??

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    its a bit hard to say unless you tell us where the pain is coming from.
  • mini__Cmini__C Posts: 44
    pain comes from running.

• KarlOnSeaKarlOnSea Posts: 28
    Shoes laced too tight?
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    I have the same thing on my right foot, feels like the bone running down the outside of foot to little toe is siting a bit higher in my shoe, uncomfortable! Sometimes I feel it in tendon above ankle bone. Is there any comparison to yours mini_c?
  • mini__Cmini__C Posts: 44
    hmmmmmm.....not quite...I just feel that the outside of my right foot hurts while I run, could be due to the overpronation of the landing....
  • TurtleTurtle Posts: 29
    You both need different shoes. Go to a store specializing in athletic shoes, not likely to be a large sports chain with kids running the floor. My pain-in-the-foot shoes came from one of those... despite their fancy shoe-recommending computer. Now, I only mow the lawn with them.
  • RichardSRichardS Posts: 1
    I had same problem with shoes I bought from a "proper" running shop they felt really comfortable at first but the problem was too much support under the inside of my heel. This rolled my foot outwards and impacted the outside of the foot. I didn't do anything about it had to have 3 months of physio on my knees as you start to overcompensate for the pain in your foot and alter your running style.

Having spent a lot of time looking into this I needed the support further forward not under the heel got some shoe that fitted and problems solved.

Moral of story if you foot is hurting do something about it a.s.a.p. as new shoes are a lot cheaper and more fun than lots of physio!!