Home Chat General Chat

Entry level road bikes...

Can anyone recommend one of the following entry level road bikes to buy:- Dawes Giro 300, Claud Butler San Remo or a Giant OCR 4? All similar price and I want to buy one as a second bike that I can use for commuting and not worry about chaining it up etc etc.

Any suggestions much appreciated

Comments

• leigh35leigh35 Posts: 28
    Hi

I can't help you with the bikes you are asking about, but I am just about to put a bike on the site for sale.

It is a principia RSL full 105 9speed set up great bike either for racing ,comuting etc and I am only wanting £375 for it. the bike will fit someone between 5'9" to 6" it has brand new Keo pedals and tri bars.

Picture available via email

Contact detials ljclark-35@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

Leigh

• ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Hi,

I have a GiantSCR3.0 that I have no complaints about. I have a year now and used it for Tri and Training but it would be perfect for commuting. Cost me 800 Euros. Previously I had a Dawes which I was also happy with.

• TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    if i was in your shoes i would go for the giant.Dawes are ok but in the past thew years the quility gone downhill slightly.As for the giants most of them have semi-smoothed out welds wich is a good thing
  • DrClausDrClaus Posts: 9
    I got myself a Giant SCR 3.0 and I've had no problems at all.

I'm selling mine after the IMUK - hopefully with a finishers t-shirt so I can leave IM well alone!!!

If you are still looking by then (Aug 20th) and live near/in London - let me know (I'll monitor this thread) and I'll send you more info.

Nicholas