Home Gear Bike Gear

Best Road bike for Triathlon

I started triathlon last yr doing my first oly and half IM. My 20 yr old road bike now has an expensive repair issue so I want to get a new one which Ill used for group rides and tri incl. my first full IM in 2021. I'd like to know, for a 2k (euro) or so budget, which bike is most easily convertible to a tt position. Are there different geometries that work better with clip on aero bars than others or all much the same. Ill get a fit done for sure but any thoughts on frame choice would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• The latest edition of 220 Tri gives the Orro Venturi Evo Tri a very good review. Maybe a little above your budget, it does come supplied with clip-on aero extensions, bottle carrier, and TT seat post

https://www.orrobikes.com/shop/speed-bikes/venturi-evo-tri/262

• I ride a sepecialized allez which is £725 however you budget is £2k so as my allez and other precious Specialized bikes I have owned have been very good perhaps a higher end model from this brand would be worth consideration.

• I have a Felt AR5. Very aero and seatpost can be flipped to put you in a good forward position. Add some nice wheels, a tt saddle and clip ons and it's pretty damn fast! Paid £900 for mine (second hand of course) so a bit of cash left for wheels.