Home Chat General Chat

What have you eaten today???

jasejase Posts: 47
I've been inspired by the 'What training have you done today' threads that have been going on for ages.

I am interested in knowing what the other semi-elite athelets ;-) on this forum chow down on a day to day basis, before training, after training, before and after races.

The other half claims (but then she always does) that I eat all the wrong stuff so I'm interested in finding out what others eat or if they've changed eating habits and seen dramatic improvements.

I know I'm ment to eat this amount of carbs and that amount of protien and some fat somewhere, but how that actually translates into real food I have no idea. All I know is that I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and then have have a ravenous appetite after training.

So come along, share.

Today I have had;

Bowl of Oaty Cereal

Flapjack (after swimming)

Left over chicken korma

Is this good? bad? Usual?

Comments

• ultimate proten/creatine shake [:'(]

Pasta, tomato, chicken, kidney bean and carrot (wih garlic) [:D]

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Porridge with a mashed up banana

Jacket potato and chicken mayo with cheery tomatoes. or should that be cherry?

and thats it cause it's only just gone two [;)]
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    two slices of toast with marmite, 3 cups of tea. 2 pints of water. an SIS energy gel. and i'm off to have lunch now - probably a chicken pasta salad or something with a nice pint or two.

yesterday, an apple, a bannana, an 'innocent lunch pot' (3 of my 5 a day!), fresh squeezed orange juice, soreen, fruit and fibre, then grilled meat with rice and salad. 5 cups of tea and >3 pints of water
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    This will be a very interesting thread! My nutritian consists of french fries and bran flakes!

Anyway:

Bowl of bran flakes

Bag of french fries

6" Subway Club on Honey Oat

Another bag of french fries

I wonder why that last 1/2 stone won't budge?
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Forgot to have breakfast. Sort of over slept (woke at three, drifted back off at 6. Then the dog woke me up at 8am as he thought he had been abandoned. He normaly gets up at 6:30).

Went to the Butchers and couldn't decide between a sausage roll or a steak and kidney pie. Had both. They are made on the premises and are excellent examples of the species.

Then I discovered the missus (who has gone on a shopping trip to York) had been baking. So helped myself to two big pieces of sticky ginger cake. Couldn't stop at just one. Thought I would get told off if I had three..

--

Hmmm.. It doesn't look too good in print. Monday's official weigh in isn't going to look too good either.

--

Going to see if the knee will hold up enough to let me swim 20 lengths (500m) as a kind of TT tomorrow morning. Although I am supposed to be resting it. If I can't play tennis when we are on holiday the week after next, I will be in dead trouble.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    2 bannanas

1 apple

1 packet of softmints

Two small cheese rolls

1.5 Lltres of juice and 4 coffes and 1 tea ( no sugar)

Tonight i'm going to the pic's with my son so were of to KFC First, bargain bucket here we come.

But he's only little so i'll eat most of it prob.
  • 2 bits of Toblerone

half a pizza

large bag of mini eggs [:)]

Oh, and a banana[:D]
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Right, six meals a day ....

1. porridge with banana, slice of whole wheat toast with grilled chicken breast (cold)

2. porridge with walnuts, slice of whole wheat toast with low fat cottage cheese

3. low fat fromage frais with blueberries

4. grilled chicken breast w/o skin, brown rice and steamed broccoli

5. low fat fromage frais with peanuts

6. will have grilled turkey with mixed salad

a little boring, but it works. Pretty much the same Monday to Saturday, just exchange chicken/turkey/tuna/salmon/beef for lunch and dinner and vary the amount of carbs depending on exercise. Sunday - no rules and free for all!

• sam_thebatmansam_thebatman Posts: 112
    hmmm, ive eaten quite a bit and drank alot.

1 bowl of poddige, with cracked egg in it and peanut butter.

went on a 50 mile cycle and stopped of at the pub for a:

full veggie breakfast

cycled some more sand got home and had a:

peanut butter and honey sandwich.

then went to another pub and then have just got back and stopped on the way and had:

Fish and Chips

mmmmm

had about 8 pints in between. mmmmm
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Not typical..Sat before a race.

2 cups soy milk, 1 cup oatmeal porridge with raisins & a dash of maple syrup..piece of wholemeal toast & peanut butter whilst porridge cooked & large mug of coffee.

Mid morn banana & soya choc milk.

Lunch brie & bacon toastie with mixed salad, glass of water & coffee.

Dinner red bream grilled, with asparagus & green bean with cashew stir fry & sticky rice, huge mug of tea.

Rhubarb crumble & custard to follow later whilst watching Robin Hood...& more tea...& so to bed.

Weekdays at work whole different can of beans.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    if any of ye are having a bad day eating wise i will make ye all feel better.. My girlfriends godson made his communion today so ive eaten...

Scrambled egg + toast

Veg Soup

Chicken Dinner

3 slices of sponge cake

1 scoop of ice cream

1 piece of apple crumble

3 pints heineken (1st drink since january)

1 choc eclair with fresh cream

lots of biscuits..

more cake

IM A FAT FECKER..

Gonna run myself ragged tomorrow and shed the lot..
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Shit.

Stand by for this

Got back from Holiday and had 4 hours sleep before getting up for work at 0430hrs.

McDonalds Bacon and Egg Muffin breakfast - with Orange juice.

banana x2

2 litres of water and 3 bottles of lucozade

6 inch subway with roast beef and salad on white bread

bowl of pasta ( Asda good for you range lol) with fat free pasta sauce.

1 x boiled egg

Roast Lamb and roast spuds and 2 beers tonight.

Now - that's between 0430 and 2100Hrs - is that terrible ?.... Conehead will go spare so do me a favour and keep it under your hat..... thanks

willieverfinish aka cripple aka Ben :)

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    ironkav wrote:

3 slices of sponge cake

1 scoop of ice cream

1 piece of apple crumble

3 pints heineken (1st drink since january)

1 choc eclair with fresh cream

lots of biscuits..

more cake

Happy days
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Hi ROn,

Yes very happy... :) (rubbing my belly)

IK
  • jasejase Posts: 47
    Just finished the dasy off with a huge plate of Chilli and rice

Apparently if you write down your goals they become real...is this the same with food...if you write down what you've had then it turns to fat???

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    16 loaves of Soreen and 3 lb butter.

Just had a Chinese Takeaway. Special Curry, Fried rice and some chips! And 1/2 bottle of wine (so far).

Might as well be hung for a sheep as well as a lamb.

Another day tomorrow!

Oh. The missus brought me back some australian soft liquorice from her shopping expedition. Wolfed down some of that too!

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    made myself a frozen fruit shake this morning....scrambled eggs on toast for lunch (didn't have brekky after the shake)... some dried fruit and cause i've heard soooo much about it but have never tried it....i had some soreen....

soo the soreen...interesting texture...was a lot sticker and gluggier than i thought...but i have to say...v nice..tho you need a drink with it...must now try it toasted....as this is new to me...i thought it was going to be about the size of a loaf of bread and it took me ages to find it...my its dinky!

washed it down with coke zero, made chicken tikka masala n rice for tea (from the 220 mag...v nice)...now finishing it off with a yorkie chocolate bar!.... ummmm

and no exercise except walk in the park...saving myself for tri on monday....
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    ok........

Breakfast = Porridge (good so far)

10.30, Son comes into work, having completed a 42 mile bikeride and asks if I want the mars bar he didnt eat so......

Mars Bar

Lunchtime (back on track) pasta salad with chicken and a nice pink lady (apple-for the perverts ie You-comanighttrain!)

mid afternoon. Off to market where 6 quid gets me a carrier bag full of lunchbox goodies for female sprog (wagon wheeels, penguins etc). Quality control sampling took place by concerned parent.

Early evening, chicken sandwich on malted wholemeal, Oyster from ice cream man (totally yummy)

Further concerned parent sampling from lunchbox bag

BUT.........try as I might I cannot lose weight..........
  • jellybellyjellybelly Posts: 42
    Melon

Porridge with apple and raisins

Watercress, spinach and rocket with avocado and halloumi salad

Pint water, glass orange juice, can red bull

<went sailing>

pint carling

pint soda water

small packet twiglets

small cranberry juice

<broke up with horrid boyfriend>

Bottle Sauvignon Blanc

Packet firecracker lobster crisps.

So it started ok, but what can I say? I had a bad day....

that sounds pretty good considering!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Frikstiks Jelly belly-what happened to the double chocolate gateaux? Required uniform for break ups......
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    1 x Jordans Breakfast bar

2 x Fig Rolls

4 x slices buttered Soreen

1 x Ginsters stake pastie - with tin of beans and cheese

1 x banana

1 x 1/2 lb mushroom burger with a Kebab meat and chips side ;)

Several beers :P ...

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    JellyBelly, now you've dumped the BF does this mean you'll go faster?!

Breakfast (pre-swim): Slab of sticky ginger cake. A pitta bread. I really meant to have porridge, but having been up with a poorly puppy at 3:30, then back to bed at 5:00, getting up for the 7:30 swim was hard. So only enough time to make sure the dog was comfy - and not enough to cook porridge.

Off to the Leeds farmer's market now. So plenty of nibbles there I'm sure!

A nice piece of lamb is lined up for a roast dinner. Wine will flow no doubt. Especially if visitors descend.
  • I would love to tell you that we ate chicken that we grilled on our new Best Smoker Grill For Beginners that I bout at a very low rate. Thanks