Home Chat General Chat

Ironman UK

Does the bike course for Ironman UK suit a road bike or a tri bike. Also, what wheels would people recommend. Another question I have is what are the tacics regarding a puncture in an Ironman. This will be my first. Did 70.3 last year with no problems. Have since brought a tri bike. Wondering whether to stick to the old faithful bike.

Comments

• woodywoody Posts: 52
    IMUK is a hilly course, and can be windy so light wheels and if not too windy some aero wheels are OK, but don't try using a disc. Some of the pro's use a tri specific bike, but personally I'd stick to a normal road bike, as it's more climbing than flat. Having never done it though, but do marshall the bike course, so i see how people feel after 3 laps of what amounts to a lot of climbing. Also the bike and run courses this year have changed from the previous two. Puncture wise, stick to clinchers, or if you like the tubular clinchers are OK with the gunk, but I saw two people last year who had 3 punctures on the bike course.

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Conehead, what bike you using now?

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    I have read your book! I was just curious if you were still using the Blade.
  • venomdoli4venomdoli4 Posts: 1

This is nice game robux free now play with friends.