Home Chat General Chat

vitruvian

as people seem to be putting their big races up on the forum i thought i would do the same (it may not be an IM but still v hard work!)

i did it last year and was vastly underprepared (lacking training and back had been in spasm 8 days before but am going to re enter this year and hopefully destroy my time of 6:47:45

Comments

• n1ck bn1ck b Posts: 27
    What date and where is this monster? I've heard good reports about it
  • 8th september at Rutland water. I did the UKIM last year 2 1/2 hrs quicker than expected so I thought I'd have a crack at the National age groups long distance champ's this year.
  • pdundepdunde Posts: 99
    Yeah im doing Vitruvian this year, im moving it up a notch from olympic distance (although im still doing mainly oly in race season as well). Thought about doing IMUK 70.3, however the entrance fee is extortionate! The way i see it Vitruvian is an IM70.3 in all but name, its the same race distance so who cares if it doesn't have the IM brand - saves us a few quid!

Im really looking forward to it, its gunner be a ballbuster! Any adivce on bikes for it - ive heard its a reasonably flat course so was going to use a tri bike, but if anyone with experience of the race says otherwise ill think again (may use my road bike if its hilly!).

See you all there!
    PS my missus lives near Rutford and im going to do a reccy on the bike and run legs if anyone fancies it (using 2006 race maps!). Im off on hols for 3 weeks though so im probably thinking nearer April / May time.
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Likewise I'm thinking of this as my first foray into middledistance... scary :D

I've got family up there as well so could be keen on getting involved in a pre-race foray on the bike leg.
  • Steve I remember seeing you finish last year. Congratulations.

For anyone else thinking of entering, the Vit is a great race. Interesting bike, flat run, good support and well organized. The bike course is not as hard as some people say it is, and I am a crap cyclist.

The problem for me is that it's the week after the Big Woody Ironman distance race in Gloucester. Could I do an Ironman then a half Ironman on consecutive weekends? Ah feck it - of course I can [:D]
    Well if it’s a date in April I can make it for a training session on the bike leg for sure (might do a little of the run leg after as well to get some bricks in). Feb is out for me as im not in the country, and mid – late march im doing some 10Km races so that’s out.

PS Ironman – then ironman 70.3 !!! Fair play that’s WAAAAAY outta my league!
  • Entered this yesterday. I think there are about 100 places left, so nearly full.
  • i emailed organiser as worried was about to fill and cash onstraints meant i was palknning on entering around april time

had email back saying currently 198 entries and maximum number 800 so plenty left, he said will probably fill june/july but check the website

www.pacesetterevents.com
  • D'oh - I was looking at the entry list from last year [:@]
  • anyone else doing this race and is anyones starting to get a bit worried about it?

4 and a bit weeks to go and ive not cycled the distance since about april, went for 30 mile ride last night though and aiming for 40-50 miles this saturday