Home Chat General Chat

uk ironman 70.3

hi guys

ive done a few olympic distances and marathons but need a bigger challenge so was thinking about half ironman in exmoor. what do people reckon, obviously its goin to be hard but i drove the cycle course on sunday and it seemed scary

Comments

• SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Hi trickyhulse,

The UK70.3 is an amazing event - well organised, well supported and a beautiful location...but it is an absolutely hideous course!! It's not called the toughest course in the world for nothing!

Having said that - do it, the sense of achievement you'll get when you cross the line is amazing. I loved it, even though it was extremely tough.

I train in the north of scotland, near Aberdeen - we have one or two 'wee hills' here and I still found the bike leg hard going.

Like anything else you do - put in the training - enjoy the race.

Good luck - let us know what you decide.
  • tempted definately and i will probably do it. any advice for training
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    Ride lots of hills!
  • done it twice. would do it again next year if it didnt clash with Windsor which I've committed to do with a friend. Loads of hills (52 apparently), 4k feet of up hill according to my garmin and a run course to match (cross terrain, hilly, narrow). I'm too short for my weight but racing longer distances is as much about your mental stamina as it is your physical shape in my opinion.