Home Chat Race Chat

Ironman UK 2007

1235»

Comments

• ianmianm Posts: 4
    It doesn't get easier second time around. 12:59. Pleased with that given how bad I felt on the run. Swore blind at the end that I had fallen out of love with this thing...... but the bad bits - wwe wrestling in the swim, the wind on the bike and that damn dual carriageway (I told you it was depressing) are already becoming distant memories.
  • Tim DTim D Posts: 64
    Hi guys. Just back from Sherborne. What a day. I gotta say we were lucky with the weather! I was chuffed with finishing. The bike was hard going - especially the slog back from Dorchester. I was glad to get off the bike by the end. Didn't enjoy the death march on the A30 during the marathon. Whoever thought of that part of the route!? Legs are feeling like they have gone through 10 rounds with Mike Tyson now.

Overall time - 10.44

Swim - 59 mins

Bike - 5.57

Run - 3.36

Sitting on the bog during the run - at least 10 mins!!
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    I thought the event was very well organised and the aid stations were superb!

Realy enjoyed the day, but the wind on the bike section[:@]

I dont mind admitting that I was 'hanging on' during the last 5 miles.

Some impressive times you guys have got above, congrats[:)]
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    GO ON YA GOOD THING!!!

What a day, it was brilliant. The weather held, the support from marshals and fans was fantastic, the camraderie going around from other competitors, I even got a smile from Bella, she was coming through Sherbourne town as I was going out! It really was a special experience. After seeing so many punctures, mechanical breakdowns, one crash, pulled muscles on the run - I didn't believe I was going to finish until I got over the foot bridge for the second time. Then I must admit I got a bit emotional!

I did 12.09 which I was really pleased with. Now if I can just reduce my transitions times, maybe under 12 is possible, I wonder what the Germany course is like......

Thanks for the support from all the people on this forum also it really helped keep the nerves in check and congrats to everyone.

Patrick
  • What a fantastic day. Enjoyed every moment of it and the three days preceeding the race. I felt at times that there was almost a wartime spirit as the weather deteriorated on Friday night and through Saturday. well done to all you fellow participants.

I beat my 16 hour target completing in 15 hr 5 mins with split:

Swim 1hr 24 min

Bike 7hr 49 min

Run 5hr 35 min

Plenty of time in first transition chatting to others and triple checking that I didn't forget to take anything out on the bike. I'm glad that I wore a T-shirt over my tri-suit. I don't normally get cold but I felt it would be a wise precaution in the cold wind.

I feel that my 3.5 hour maximum bike ride in training may have been a bit of a mistake but my run was quicker than anticipated so it can't have hampered me too much.

I spent the whole day smiling the inane grin of someone who was in the process of fulfilling a dream that he had held for more than 10 years.

I couldn't criticise the event although I could understand that those somewhat thinner than me could have got a little cold being held in the water at the start.

So good to stay around to the end and cheer all the final competitors home. I'm still euphoric and expect to be for several days yet.

I see that Ironman Switzerland still has spaces available for next year. I'm definitely tempted.
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.
    Anybody still awake?
  • Rob

Found the forum through Google but then I read all the posts this evening and I loved them. My wife and I did IMUK on Sunday and we crossed the line together in 14:10. It's the hardest, most rewarding and most emotional thing I have ever done and I am so pleased that we did. We have now both got the tats. After the event we said never again but tonight (Wednesday) over dinner we started having the "maybe we could do a faster time in Austria" conversation !! Go figure.

Anyway, in the forum there has been lots of references to photos - I am impatient with the official site and wondered if anyone has posted their own photos.

Great to join in the chat with MDotters

Terry
  • HI ALL CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO FINISHED ON SUNDAY. GREAT DAY ALTHOUGH SATURDAY WAS A NIGHTMARE. TRAVELLED DOWN IN MORNING FROM GLOS, TRAFFIC BUSY ON M5, SET UP TENT AT PINFORD CAMPSITE IN POURING RAIN, WHILE MRS & FRIENDS PROCEDED TO FIND THEIR B&B.

MISSED BRIEFING IN PROCESS, DROVE ROUND FOR ABOUT AN HOUR TRYING TO LOCATE THE WIVES DIGS. HAD MEAL THEN RETURNED BACK TO PINFORD ONLY TO FIND BLOW UP BED FLAT ( HAD HOLE IN IT) THEN TRIED TO SLEEP THROUGH GRITTED TEETH ( SEETHING WITH FRUSTRATION AFTER DAYS EVENTS). I THEN WOKE AT 3.30 AM FOR A TIN OF COLD RICE PUDDING WITH HONEY & A PINT OF AMINO LOAD, WALKED ABOUT A MILE TO THE START THEN SET OFF.

DESPITE EVERYTHING HAPPY WITH TIME. AWFULL SWIM, MEDIOCRE BIKE, & GOOD RUN

SWIM 1H 36

BIKE 7H 4 MIN

RUN 3H 51 MIN

12H 44 MIN TOTAL

IF I DO IT AGAIN ANYONE KNOW A GOOD SWIM COACH. I CAN SWIM ALL DAY JUST SLOW.

P.S ANYONE KNOW OF A FAST IRONMAN COURSE

• DaveDave Posts: 3
    Also did IMUK and really enjoyed it apart from getting a wasp sting on the side of my head 2 mile into the bike leg. Alway only wanted to finish but also wanted to get under 15 hrs, pleased as manged to get 14hrs 38min still on a high. Going out to bore my mates with all the story tonight. Well done to everybody who also done the event weather could have been a little kinder.
  • could someone confirm that it is half ironman at wimbleball and not just a full??

& is sherbourne a full or half, if either when is it and does anyone have an idea of the website address??
    Wimbleball is a half, Sherborne is a full. Follow the links below:

http://iron.ironmanuk.com/

http://half.ironmanuk.com/