Home Chat General Chat

THE LASTEST FROM SHIMANO.THE NEW XTR SHADOW

WELCOME TO THE NEW XTR SHADOW REAR MECH

[image]http://cycle.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/cycle/seh/nl/en/news___info/news/shimano_xtr__shadow.-MainContent-0001-TextImage.MainContenttextimage.gif[/image]

What do you think of this then guys.Shimano have produced somin brilliant here and now it looks like the 08 carbon Dura-Ace looks to be a deffinent.Sram,eat ye heart out,and campag,well i mean no comparison really is they.Come on guys.What do you think[:D] [:D] [:D]

Comments

• ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Looks like something you might see on the back of a bike !
  • TheMonkTheMonk Posts: 10
    Carbon for Carbon's sake. Will it make you go faster for less effort?
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    this is how it works.the rear mech is now much lighter than the normal XTR rear mech.if you notice the positioning of the cable bolt is now on the side rather than on the conventional underside.well combine the two and you get thus,more rapide shifting enabling faster acceleration and this will also reduce the fatique of the cable due to its shorter lenth and smoother angling also giving rapide shifting.This is XTR.Its top of the range shimano.You cant go wrong with this especialy with its revolutionry NEW design.
  • Lets see, what do I think, Hmm

ITS A MOUNTAIN BIKE MECH !!!!!!
    10/10 for obsavation.what im trying get across to everyone here is now shimano have introdused carbon to there gearing.They now have that technology to put it there road gearing for example the new Dura-Ace carbon what should now be coming out at the end of this year and is now iminant.its not a rumor anymore.Its deffinant.last week we learnt they put in a patant for the new dura-ace.Now what do you think of that
  • fotoratfotorat Posts: 1
    [hr]I just got 08 rush with XT Shadow, and man do I miss the adjuster barrel on the mech, I could always get perfect shifting with making it just rattle on 3 top while in 2 top and then backing off to quiet, but now it all has to be done on the pod, so does anyone want to write a guide for shimano to publish on how to adjust a shadow mech purley from the pod!
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    The Sram Force rear Mech has more carbon on it I belive??
    No.It hardley has any.the cage on the Sram Force is carbon wrap.This is full carbon
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Interesting, but what does it all mean?

Carbon wrap cage V full carbon cage.

Now carbons going to cost more, look a bit nicer and have more 'cred' with people who like that kind of thing,

But other than a tiny tiny weight saving, If any ?

What does it offer in terms of performance?

This a new design rear mech.This mech will give you more rapid shifting than that of Sram.The carbon is there to ad quility and is slightley lighter.but it is more flexible but strong than that of the Sram wich means you can give this mech a REALY GOOD HAMMERING and it'le take.I get people coming in with there Sram stuff and have problems with indexing due to different ratios from that shimano.Ther as quik as deore,wich isn't good ither.Your paying for high quility mech.Only finest offering unbeatable performance shifting.This mech is Like a buggati.Extremely quik.