Home Chat Race Chat

IM Lanzarote

ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
Any first timers entered for Lanzarote yet? Anyone interested in keeping contact with training etc. I will be entering soon, thinking about a new bike in Sep/Oct, have done half IM to date

Comments

• Dave BoyDave Boy Posts: 94
    Yes I will be entering next week.This will be my first ironman.Have done three half distances.Looking forward to it.Would be good to keep updated with training.Doing Vitruvian in Sept.How about you?
  • ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Hi Dave,

I'm based in Ireland, Got a half on sep 1st. Training was ok until about 2 weeks ago,but that's ok. My target is six hours, so we'll see. The cycle is 52 miles.

It would be good to stay in contact about the IM .

Pat

Good luck with your half.Will be starting my Lanzarote training after the Luton marathon which is in December.Will keep you up dated on this board.Also keeping a training log on my site www.boxfit-luton.co.uk click on message board.Myself and a couple of others doing Lanzarote are going to Nice in March for some bike training should be good.Keep me up dated on your training Pat.Anyone else doing Lanzarote?
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Ive got a confirmed entry for next year. Got a DNF this year but have just done the UK so feel ready confident of a decent time (for me) next year.

Its all about the bike stage! Its hard and the climbs are long.

Great event and superb day.

Be warned, the aid staions were poor last year with zero gels on the bike stage. Carry as much nutrition as you can.
    Well done at UK Rich.Which bike route was harder UK or Lanzarote?Have been hearing both as hard as each other.
    I would say that Lanzarote is harder by a long way (IMHO)

Its a lone lap course and with 1050 ish starters this year there was often a long gap between athletes on the bike stage in some cases.

Its more windy and its hotter and has two major climbs.

The main thing I noticed between them was that on the UK circuit theres quite alot of downhill and level sections, Lanza seems to have lots more uphill, sometimes only a slight gradient but enough to make an impact.

Hi Guys,

I was going to say I can't wait but I think I can! The lead up to it will be interesting but the pay off should be fantastic.
    Did the Lost Sheep Half IM at the weekend, went ok except for losing my water bottle on taking the first swig. Finished 5hrs 53 which was 40mins better than last year. Wrecked until today but a throat infection was the real killer.
    Ardkeen, Nice result ![:)]