Home Chat General Chat

Good luck...

To all those racing (surviving) at the weekend good luck..especially to those who are losing their tri cherries.

[align=left] [/align]

Comments

• jojojojo Posts: 76
    yes and please tell us how it was.

JoJo
  • the_moidthe_moid Posts: 23
    cheers fellas - will do !

first race at wombourne on sunday ...

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    hi moid ( & the rest racing racing) am confident you do good things this weekend & think on just how damned good that pint'll taste when you finish !!!!!!!

look forward to hearing how it went

madnurse
    hi guys,

yesterday was my first race, really enjoyed it. very well organised.

got a bit carried away and went mad on the swim section, knackered after 6 lenghts and had to switch to breaststroke, but pleased with 8.06 for the swim. finsihed with a time of 1.19.36, which i am happy with.

going to buy a proper bike, as there is too much of me offering wind resistance on a mountain bike, and got to work on my runs, but im well pleased for my first effort !

roll on blenheim !

Stu
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Well done Moid

a good time for a mountain bike, was it raining with you too? We had the rain but no wind and that was the best way round. You will find it much easier on a road bike. Was your swim time just the swim or including T1? It's so eay to go off too fast, especially as you don't get a warm up, i found myself slowing up halfway through but kept it together.

When's the next one?

David
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    Hi Stu - sub 1:20 eh not bad at all ... i'll be ecstatic to get near near that given my swim - i'll probably be swithching to breastroke after length one but hey [:D] - but the important thng is you acheived what you set out - you finished ...... & with a personal best !!!

madnurse (phil)
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Stu well done..

Sub 1:20 is a good time points to a sub 3hr Oly

• DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Nurse - the last comment is important, the next race should be better than our first because of the learning curve and the newly gained experience. In running races it is fairly easy to compare your times because there is, i think, less variation in course than variation in triathlon.

It is confusing to be faced with a dozen short events which all have slightly different combinations of distance, as well as the course variables. A good reason to stick to just competing at olympic distance. I guess it means i'll just have to do the same events next year to chart my improvement.

On a different subject, i admire all of you who are intending to move up to half or full ironman - i think you must be MAD.[:D][:D]

David
    i think the swim time was clocked at exiting the pool area. transition went smoothly, which surprised me, but of course it was only putting on a top, helemt and runnign shoes (just clips on the bike).

weather was actually ok, few light showers, but no wind, and a nice temperature.

next event is blenheim at end of may, so need to up the swim to 750m (and outdoors!). just started checking out tri packages, as seems more cose-effective way of getting kit together quickly.

looking to do 4-5 races this year, work hard in winter then move up to olympic distances. also, have lost 8 kg in the 7 weeks i have been training, down to a light-weight 97 kg [:D] all helps...

Stu