Home Chat General Chat

Profile Aero Drink system

Does anyone have experience attaching the Profile-Design drink system to non-Profile Design aero bars?

If anyone has got pictures of bodged fitting to non PD bars it would help, I'm going to be attaching it to a Xentis Aero X1 bar.

Cheers

Comments

• Hi pfc,

I am interested in getting an X1 set-up. Please send me pics of yours since theres not much in the net about it.

Is it heavy? Is it comfortable? I plan to get it because its the only cowhorm that adapts STI shifting.

Where did you order yours & how much if you don't mind.

Many thanks,

Ricardo Ledesma

campled@yahoo.com

Manila, Philippines
  • campled wrote:

Hi pfc,

I am interested in getting an X1 set-up. Please send me pics of yours since theres not much in the net about it.

Is it heavy? Is it comfortable? I plan to get it because its the only cowhorm that adapts STI shifting.

Where did you order yours & how much if you don't mind.

Many thanks,

Ricardo Ledesma

[email=campled@yahoo.com]campled@yahoo.com[/email]

Manila, Philippines

Hey Ricardo,

I went to GB Cycles to buy some new tyres and saw them on display. It looked so weird as it looked like a combination of 'pure evil' and a Klingon bird of prey ship. I haven't seen a aerobar quite like it. Curosity got the better of me and I asked the assistant if I could have a look. He said it would be light but nothing could prepare me for when I actually handled it. The Xentis Aero X1 is eeexxxtremmeely light!!

It does look the business; light in construction (480grams) but heavy on your wallet (£599)

In regards to adding a Profile Design drink system I don't think this can be attached due to how the X1 is constructed, although I'm sure I will eat my words when someone comes up with a 'hack'.

Sanyman

• Hi,

I just got my Xentis X1 bar set for STI. Is yours sti also?

Was wondering if they provided with attachment bolts for the STI or if you used the ones that came from the STI?

Thanks,

Ricardo