Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    today nowt - have some how got the cold of nurse through the board (didn't think computer viruses worked like that)

If I feel better I am gonna try and do 20km on the bike...

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Hi folks!

Thanks for the info on 10m Bike TT David... and yes it was the bike!

Had a good run on the bike yesterday.. about 40k... legs feeling it this morning tho.

Swim this morning ... 1700m - mostly intervals of 150m... need an easy day I think..

jazdog

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    hello all ...

a.m. swim

1 x 250m breast stroke w/up

45 mins T.I. skills practise (right back to basics including use of fins)

1 x 250m breast stroke w/down

p.m. run

4 miles steady pace through 30 mins

the mad one [&:]
  • Feel a bit wimpy seeing the training that goes on but hey I'm just starting out! 8 x 75m swim averaging out at 1.40min, fastest was last lap at 1.35. (is this any good?)
    hi AB - good to see you getting in there and training with determination. if you can don't worry about comparing yourself to others but if you compare to how you did last week or last month. self improvement is a good form of measure, recognition of such is satisfaction enough to encourage a consistent appraoch and indication that your training is paying off.

you stick with it !!!!!!

madnurse
    1.5 miles last night with my wife...have ran with her for a while..she runs bloody fast 4 the short distance

Still getting hot and cold with this cold though its getting better so hopefully be able to swim tonite

• Morning All,

Head still a little fuzzy but managed the second open water swim of the season this morning - approximately 1500 metres in about 30mins. Water temperature not too bad but still obviously cold!! But sun was just breaking through the mist as we did the last leg ... beautiful.
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Down on the south coast we are stuck with using the sea for our open water swims and i am NOT going in that water at this time of year![&:] call me a wimp if you like.[:@] But i am looking forward to getting in there later with a purpose. Must get that wetsuit as well. Do you find it is much easier with the wetsuit?

David
    Ab your swim times are OK, the average for the short ones seems to be 6-10 minutes so you would be in the middle. For the longer distances you will just have to keep the pace steady and you'll end up near the middle of the pack.

Keep swimming and work on the efficiency, smoooth and long. aim to leap out of the pool running, not falling about.

David
    HI DAvid - You will find it much easier to swim in a wetsuit (almost too easy) esp in seawater which will also add to your bouyancy. Don't allow yourself to become complacent (as I did) by battering the swim training in a wetsuit thinking it would be good prep for the open water swims. It is but also throws out your natural line of bouyancy when you revert to suitless - I will be sticking to drills and practise swim without and now only use my suit for open water swims

madnurse[;)]
    Nurse...

I am I right in thinking that you have binned the wetsuit in the pool (at least for every session) and are back to the drills / intervals you were doing before?

HI Loon - yes you is !! it was a useful exercise to gain familiarity of swimming and transition with the suit but as I found it can also make you complacent in maintining good form. The suit will do it for you so your body wil allow it to. However it was not all fruitless it has forced me to refresh the intial steps of TI that I learnt. Got some good advice from a coach at the tri club. after a warm in the pool do a refresher set of basic TI skills before commmencing any planned training or practise session. only adds 5 minutes or so and bloody hell it helps.

el mad one
    cool - reading your previous post it wasnt 2 hard to work out...

took delivery of me fins and pull bouy today...paddles are abit delayed [:@]

So will doing so more drills in the near future...time to get the TI book out again for a refresher course...

This will have to wait til friday (next morning swim) as swimming in the evening means there way to many people around to play with toys

Joined the gym near work yesterday (pay and play) so I can bike to work...when telling the gym geezer he didn't seem convinced I'd do it...its only 21km each way I told hime with an imagined middle finger up...

without starting / finishing rides at work I just couldn't see any other way of getting biking volume up or long do long bricks

Riding to and from work is a great way to get your base mileage. It allows you to do an aerobic session on the way to work and a faster session on the way home possibly putting in some intervals or hill sprints[;)]

21km isn't very far, now is it?

DAvid
    exactly my thoughts...

• last night did 20 mins in th epool, working on technique and bilateral breathing, its hard when you ve never done it before!

my rest day today
    pretty much chilled today ... all i managed was a few easy 250m swims .... [8D]
    last night: some swiming - about 1000m (maybe nearer 900m) worth is various intervals difficult to properly work out as they changed the lanes from widths to lengths mid session.

This morning

7.11km in zone3
    After cycling to work (and back) then went swimming backstroke session followed by 10 minute timed swim FC got to 20 and stoppped but 7:32 for 400m another pb.

Still got cramp pain from Sunday in both calves, upper part. I have never had calf cramp from running but seem to remember i used to suffer sore calves when i used to cycle lots. Haven't suffered at all in trainning but then i have been training at 17mph and raced at 22mph! I nkow some of you have suffered on sunday, how are you all now?

David

Check this out: http://antbliss.thirdlight.com/viewpicture.tlx?pictureid=2578730
    Do - that url send us now memberr to home page

can you tell us which gallery and page you are on?

In quick event list choose Steyning Triathlon 2006

wait and you are directed to Splash page Raw energy pursiuts.

enter 011 in box at top to see glorious photos

David
    ah ha it worked second time for some reason...

you look okay on the bike but the your face in the run suggests serious hard work

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Nice work David... if I look that knackered on sunday I'll be happy..

Bike last night - 40 minutes fartlek.. mostly hill climbing... need to do lots more of this... totalled about 20k..

Swim this morning - 2000m - sets of 250, 150, 200, 150, 100(kick) and 150(pull)

Going for an easy run tonight...

later dudes and dudesses!

jazdog
  • 3speed3speed Posts: 16
    Great stuff - I like to see someone put out 110% !!!!

nice photos too,

welldone,

andrew,

• jojojojo Posts: 76
    hi guys

just come back from another good swim session - its definitely coming on now. Going to try and go to a tri club swim session that I found on Friday where apparently they all do 16 lengths front crawl without stopping.

Not sure I'm quite up to that standard but I'll go anyway.

Have had two rest days monday and tues so gonna work hard for the rest of the week.

Jojo
    I have found the local cycling club that has regular 10m TTs. and now i shall try to do what it says in 220. Six weeks in a row a 10m TT will make me better[:)]

Let's see if i can do it without embarrassing myself. one of the rules apparently is no nude shoulders[8|]

They insist on short (or long) sleeves, how weird just when i was getting used to taking my clothes off[:)]

David
    Jojo...how long is the pool?

DTH...I was intrigued by the 10mile TT in 220..I gather from the article that they are done flat out and faster than 40km pace..is it the case that these are designed to get the body working at "nads hard" intensities without putting it through the stress of the full oly distance before race season starts?

loon stop being a such a bitch !!!! & as for David you exhibitionist - at least the extra lycra will aid your aero frontage ... god the line between the 220 forun and the ward is getting thinner and thinner

Loon - yes i suppose that's it, 10m is the shortest time trial distance and will be good training mentally and physically for any of the triathlon distances but certainly for the sprint and Oly. By getting used to the sheer pain and terror of riding that hard your body becomes acustomed to it. 10m TTs are easier to compete in each week than tris, there are more of them and if you get bored you can always swop to 25m TTs on a sunday when you are not competing at tri. Do you have a life outside the ward?

David
    eh?