Home Chat Race Chat
Options

Cambridge Triathlon and Duathlon

chischis Posts: 94
Hi Folks

Anyone know what the run and bike courses are like at these events - the Duathlon is coming up in a fortnight and the Triathlon is in August. Any hints would be useful. Is/are any of the run(s) off road? Is the bike ride flat or can I expect some hills in there?

chis

Comments

• Options
    pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Hi chis

No info on the courses but I just wanted to say good luck for Sat. Hope the training has been going well and you fly round the course.

Have just read the competitor info for the Derby Spring Tri (also on Sat) and feel a bit put off by it - sounds very regimented and not at all relaxed!

Have a good day
  • Options
    chischis Posts: 94
    Pat

Training has gone OK although the Ashbourne Duathon stayed in my legs for a while - just beginning to feel fresh again. Hardly likely to fly around Cambridge though but just hoping to do OK in my age group and to enjoy it.

I ve done the Derby Triathlon that takes place in September - it is organised by Punishing Events along with the Derby Tri Club - that seemed to be a good event and the people helping and competing were really friendly so hopefully their Spring Tri will be at least as good. Have a good time - if you are relaxed, never mind the rest, you will enjoy it - forecast is looking good at this stage too!

I'll watch out for the results.

chis