Home Chat General Chat

ironman lanza 08

IM THINKING OF ENTERING IRONMAN LANZA 08,I HAVE HEARD ITS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST IN THE WORLD,MY QUESTION IS HOW TOUGH IS IT?

2008 WILL BE MY SECOND YEAR IN TRI,I HAVE DONE TIME TRIALS,HALF MARATHONS,AND HALF IRONMAN EVENTS.SO HAVE A REASONABLE LEVEL OF FITNESS.

WITH THE RIGHT TRAINING I THINK I CAN DO IT OR IM I SETTING MY STANDARDS A LITTLE TO HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME FEEDBACK ON WHAT YOU ALL THINK,AND ALSO SOME HELP AND ADVICE FROM THOSE WHO HAVE DONE IT.

Comments

• Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Hi,

I entered it this year but pulled out after 165km on the bike stage with an Injury. I have a confirmed entry for 2008 so should nail it this time. It was my first triathlon.

3 months later I managed to complete IMUK, but in a slow time of 14.30[:@]

The swim is in the sea ay lanza and it does have a current, but its great!

The hardest part by far is the bike which offers alot of up hill gradients and 2 major climbs. Its hot and its allways windy, not matter which direction you go it seems to be against you.

The run is mainly flat and is a great 4 loop track which has plenty of spectators to offer a boost of support.

If your fit and strong on the bike then you will be fine.

If you do it then carry your own gels ETC on the bike as the aid stations aint the best! Zero gels and weak drinks!

Other than that its a fantastic event and with a smaller starting field than most IMK events.

Cheers[:)]