Home Chat General Chat

Best Hill in britian

There are hundreds of good hills in britian and im on a quest go down the best one.As a time-trialist i am allways trying to push my bike to the max.Having built the bike myself im prety confident that I have the right spec to do the job.As I live in east Devon the best hill ive been is telegraph and achieving 60+mph on a perfect day.Ive broke this barrier and i only wounder if I could break 70mph(if only i had my dream BMC TT01).Im fearless and nothing is impossible[:D][:D][:D][:D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

[image]local://970/D9C1F656635B4BEC8EC86B9A967EE0AE.jpg[/image]

Comments

• bennibenni Posts: 4
    holme moss towards manchester not holmefirth or snake pass again towards manchester,fuckin awesome descents
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    sounds good.Come on guys give us some more,10%+ gradients
  • JudeJude Posts: 11
    [&o] The B6138 from Blackstone Edge down to Mytholmroyd is the longest continuous climb in Europe (i think. certainly in Britain.) It's quite winding and you could meet a tractor. There's a friendly bike shop in Mytholmroyd. White house pub at the top does food. Great scenery for those going up.

enjoy, jude
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    Step aside you girlies[;)] - the best 'brown trousers' hill in the UK is Cairn O'mount near Aberdeen - its about 9 miles to the top although it seems a hell of a lot more. Once, and if, you get to the top, the descent back has some very, very sharp drops. There are 3 in particular which may help you get to the speed you want.

Best of luck!