Home Chat General Chat

how did you turbo today?

hi guys, not got much of a response last post so think only 5 of us have turbo trainers in the tri world! how about posting your bike training for the winter with what your goals are for the coming season

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I hate turbo trainer. The only time I use it is when i get out for a ride and it really starts raining, I ride back home and finish on the trainer. But I find it so boring[:(].

Nothing beats that outdoor feeling i guess

• i'm turbo training every mornin thru the winter, i do it in front of the telly and am only doing short sessions to keep me interested[:)]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Mine is in the garage, so no tv there. I guess thats for the best, I'd fall of all the time[;)]

I prefer the atb through the winter to go to work, when possible.

Maybe some programmed sessions to folow would be a welcome change.

If someone would post his or her ideas here, I'd like to try them.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Every wednesday I do 60 km at 40 kmh or better then a club cycle on Sunday of about 100 - 120 km. As far as turbos go I'd advise the following :

1. Use an old bike as the captured frame undergoing a constant & similar movement suffers

2. Drink/eat as you intend to on the bike

3. Record everything!!!!!! Heart rate, time, distance, speed max etc

4. Experiment with position etc

5. Get a good radio to stop boredom

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Guys, follow this link to get some downloadable sessions from the TACX website.

http://www.tacx.com/beleef+tacx.php?language=EN&ttop=Training%20programmes&lvlMain=18&lvlSub=46&lvlSubSub=75

I'm just doing a couple of sessions a week at the moment (got one tonight) with a 2ish hr ride at weekends to keep me ticking over through the winter. I do them in the garage with a radio & limit them to no more than an hour to stop boredom setting in.