Home Chat General Chat

Who will be victorious in Hawa• 2007 ???

Do you dare to predict who will win the World Championship IRONMAN this year??

Here is my top 5 for the men: 1-Marino Vanhoenacker (I have to, he's belgian too)

2-Norman Stadler

3-Chriss McCormack

4-Rutger Beke

5-Faris Al-Sultan

Luc van Lierde claimed to make his full come back this year, but I doubt he will get near top 5(although he still has the course record)

Top 5 women:1-Michelle Jones

2-Desiree Ficker

3-Natasha Badmann

4-Lisa Bentley

5-Dede Griessbauer

What do you guys Think, post your favourites[8|][:D]

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    come on, you dont have to give top 5 if you find that too much. Just tell us who your favourites are.

Don't tell me no one is interested in this???[&:]

Everybody loves ironman hawaï( I guess).
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    Hi Benny, tough one this year. I like both Stadler & McCormack, having seen Norman at a tri expo over here this year & having heard an interview with Mccormack on Ironmantalk. Stadker's keeping his prep exactly the same as last year, & last year he was unbeatable. McCormack should be in the best shape of his life, I think he's really focused on Hawaii this season, BUT.... will he be trying a bit too hard to beat Stadler? Whatever, it's gonna be a good race. Top 5 men?

1. Stadler (although if he doesn't get it, McCormack will)

2. McCormack

3. Faris

4. Cameron Brown

5. Kieran Doe (complete wildcard there)

Not too up to speed with the women, I'll check the form & get back to you.
    well, I hope the next season goes better than this preiction stuff.

Although we got one or two names pretty close, the restwas way off[:)]

We sure look stupid now[&:], dont we.

How about that run from Macca, I bet he's nthenman to beat next year, together wit Faris, Stadler and Vanhoenacker (oh my god, you're guessing again[:D]
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    D'oh! Well I was kind of there with 'if Stadler doesn't win Macca will'. A stomach bug hit three of my picks. Better luck next year!
    How about Sindballe and Lieto;they were the only ones who tryed to escape on the bike and they were both top finishers. Shouldn't more athletes go a little harder on the bike?!(not so hard you cant run anymore of course).

Real shame about Faris and Normann[X(]. Would have been a different race.

On to next year[:D]