Home Chat General Chat

WHY HAVENT YOU BLOCKED SHOESNEW05?

As you've said in your post admin, you will block spammers. Ive had a constant stream of subscription notifications to my email mainly regarding the above!!!

Exactly how many times do you check your own site? (I'll be suprised if I get a reply).

Its getting really tedious and can only assume if it carries on people will visit less and less as I now do.

When are you going to actually do something about it?

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    hound dog is actually right, you know.

this is ridiculous, half of the stuff poste is spam.

I can assume its difficult to stop it, but i'm sure something can be done.

Come on 220, dont let the superb reputation of this magazine be spoiled by this mess
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    i agree.im getting fed up with this.its not right.soon people will be going to a different forum where they wont have any spammers
  • I'm sure they can block the IP address that Shoesnew05 is attacking the forum from, or can't they even block his membership? i agree with all above, we get enough spam in our email box which doesn't include Spam forum posts adding to it.

M
  • i have just blocked shoesnew05 with the little red hand thingy, so hopefully i won't be seeing any of his mail again, maybe we should all block him personally if the admins aren't going to block him.
  • zoezoe Posts: 28
    I've complained about each of the posts when the appear- but that doesn't seem to be making any difference either.

Apparently 220 don't check the reports or complaints made either.....
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Does anyone know of any good triathlon forums as good as this but without the spam?
  • Runnersworld has quite an active forum. There are a lot of people into triathlon there.
  • JesseDJesseD Posts: 3
    Try Tritalk, loads of stuff overthere and lots of advice on gear, events and training etc.
    hey JesseD, complete name of the tritalk site??

Thanx
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] Yet another half a dozen shoesnew05 notification emails laanded in my inbox today!!!!!!
  • zoezoe Posts: 28

ITS GONE- WAHEY.

Apparently you just need to email 'ADMIN',

Had an email back within 15 minutes, and all the spam has vanished!!!!

Ok, now for bets on how many posts there will be by SHOESNEW06 by tomorrow monring.....
    Like Zoe,

I mailed Admin about another spammer just 5 minutes ago.

Lets see the results soon hopefully

If anyone sees a spammer on here, report to the 'admin' by e-mail.

Itried it again today with 'shoesnew10' and, like last time with 06, they instantly removed him, they zapped the sucker of this forum. Yeehah[:D]
  • Thats great Benny. Its obvious that newshoes is targeting the forum as, you'd think admin woud be action against them. Isnt there a law against this type of thing now?
  • They've got up to shoesnew12 now. Other fora don't seem to have this problem.