Home Chat General Chat
Options

Ironman Aid Stations

What's at them (brands of gels food etc)
What distance are they set out at.
Do they have innertubs etc.
My first 1 and am getting a touch of OCD with all things training and set up. I have entered ironman Wales so I have a long time to work everything out but I feel I should be looking into these things sooner so I can get concerend with something else.

Comments

• Options
    http://www.ironmanuk.com/2011/ironman-uk/faq

Q21 Where are the Bike Feed Stations and what is supplied?
    A21 At each Feed Station on the bike you will receive fluid in 750ml bike specific water bottles. These fit 99% of standard bike bottle cages according to the manufactures instructions. The fluid provided is Orange Gatorade Thirst Quencher (mixed to a 6% solution in accordance with the manufactures recommendation) and water. PowerBar’s will also be available in various flavours supplied by the manufacture. Each bar will be cut into pieces and half opened for ease on the bike. The liquid will be handed to each athlete by volunteers and they will clearly identify what is in the bottle they are providing. It is the responsibility of the athlete to go at a speed which will allow them to take the bottle/bar in a safe manner. Verbal abuse of volunteers will not be tolerated and will be met with a penalty and/or a DQ. Each Feed Station will provide Gatorade, Water and Powerbar . For Locations and flavours please click HERE

Q22 Where are the Run Feed Stations and what is supplied?
    A22 At each Feed Station on the bike you will receive fluid in 250ml paper Gatorade Cup 3/4 filled. The fluid provided is Orange Gatorade Thirst Quencher (mixed to a 6% solution in accordance with the manufactures recommendation), flat Pepsi and water. PowerBar Gel's will also be available in various flavours supplied by the manufacture. The liquid will be handed to each athlete by volunteers and they will clearly identify what is in the cup they are providing. It is the responsibility of the athlete to go at a speed which will allow them to take the cup/gel in a safe manner. Verbal abuse of volunteers will not be tolerated and will be met with a penalty and/or a DQ. Each Feed Station will provide Gatorade, Water, flat Pepsi and Powerbar Gels . For Locations and flavours please click HERE

Hope this helps, There was also a dirty buffet of beige food when I finished. That was the best feed station I've ever seen!!!!!