Home Sell Triathlon Gear
Options

Quintano ROO CD01

Quintano Roo CD01 FRAME or BIKE for sale

I am selling my 2010 triathlon / time trail frame/bike. It was bought March 2010 and was last used in September 2010. It is a race bike so has been used for limited miles. It is finished in ‘off-white’ with black decals. It is a very aero bike whilst being very comfortable to do the miles (I did an Ironman on it, 112m). I am 5’10 with a 32inch inseam and fit the frame perfectly. The bike geometry is very similar to the Cervelo P3 size 54. The bike is in excellent condition. I’m selling it due to new bike sponsor.

Size - Medium /52
The size is a 52 top tube. This is equivalent to the Cervelo P3 ‘54’ geometry. The stack is 49.7 and the reach is 42. The seat post angle is 78.5 but the unique saddle clamp allows for more relaxed and more aggressive angles.

Colour - Dura Ace White

The full bike RRP was £4400.00
I am willing to sell either the frame/fork only - £950 ONO
OR
Frame, fork, headset, brakes, seatpost - £1175 ONO (RRP £2400)

Or the bike with the following spec - £2175 ONO
Includes
• Frame
• Fork
• Seatpost & clamp
• Brakes –TRP Aero brakes (the front brake is positioned behind the fork and the rear is positioned by bottom bracket)
• Noken brake cables
• Headset
• Vision carbon semi-integrated aerobars, Vision brakes (RRP £560 alone without brakes)
• Vision carbon aero BB30 cranks with ceramic bearings (RRP £650 alone)
• Wheels (Alex) very limited use

You will need to fit the following parts:
• Saddle (very personal so best if you fit)
• Pedals (very personal so best if you fit)
• Front mech
• Rear mech
• Chain
• Shifters (Aero bar type)

Contact me for further photographs or if you have any questions.
yeti19770719@yahoo.co.uk
07870 675107

It has won gold in design awards at Eurobike

The Quintano Roo web site provides more information...
http://www.quintanarootri.com/

The triathlon magazine 220 have done a full review of the product...
http://www.220triathlon.com/gear-review ... a-roo-cd01

This is what the manufacture states...
The premier bike from Quintana Roo was not only tested, but developed in the wind tunnel. The result? An aero frame set that has the lowest drag coefficient ever, Cd0.1.
The science of the Shift: While riding, a surge of air is created from behind the front wheel. The unprecedented aerodynamics of the Cd 0.1 enables suction to draw the wind off to the “clean” side (non-drive side) of the bike. Thus, less resistance is created, making you the sleekest rider on the course.
It sports the science; In addition to aero shapes throughout the frame and fork, the Cd 0.1 features a slightly offset downtube. This feature allows the wind to flow naturally from the head tube and front wheel to the clean side (non-drive side) and stream past the rear wheel. After numerous trips to the wind tunnel, this performance enhancing design rewards you with the least amount of drag ever recorded

This is also referenced:

The CD01 frame was not only tested, but developed in the wind tunnel. The result? An aero frame set that has the lowest drag coefficient ever, CD01. The CD01 frameset has been updated for 2010 with the use of high modulus carbon fibre lay-up that has reduced frame weight by over 10% and a BB30 bottom bracket shell. you'll have to search far and wide to find many manufacturers using this type and quality of carbon fibre in their triathlon-specific frames