Home Chat General Chat
Options

Competitive Cyclists/Runners/Swimmers/Triathletes Needed for Research Study!

Hi everyone,

I hope I am allowed to post on here... As you can imagine, recruiting participants during this pandemic is proving very difficult so I thought I would try recruiting on cycling forums such as this to see if I can get any better luck!

I am recruiting competitive cyclists (and runners/swimmers) for a qualitative research study that I am conducting as part of my PhD. The study aims to explore athletes' experiences leading up to upper respiratory tract infection (common cold) symptoms, and the direct/indirect impact such symptoms may have had on your sporting performance.

As a participant, all you will need to do is attend a one-off interview via video call with myself - these typically last between 40-60 minutes. To be eligible, you need to be competing at a regional or higher level and have experienced common cold symptoms (e.g., sore throat, runny/blocked nose, coughing, sneezing) on two or more consecutive days in the past month. However, if you have not experienced such symptoms but are still interested in taking part and meet the other inclusion criteria, please let me know as you may experience these symptoms at a later date and we can keep in touch regarding this.

This research study will provide you with a good insight into how research is conducted at a University and give you a good opportunity to reflect on your experiences - previous participants have found this surprisingly helpful! Please let me know if you are interested in taking part by contacting me: M.Simms@bath.ac.uk

Thanks,

Max