Home Sell Triathlon Gear
Options

Chas Roberts Retro Tri Bike

peterj.cottrellpeterj.cottrell Posts: 2
edited June 2023 in Sell Triathlon Gear

Chas Roberts classic tri bike £495 ONO (in Bromley SE London)

1993, in immaculate condition. Custom designed and hand-built Reynolds 653 time trial/triathlon frame with 77 degree seat tube. Ultegra 14 speed (12-21) gear set and brakes with Campagnolo Athena (54/42/172.5mm) chainset. Lighweight Synchros seat post, Turbo Flite seat, ITM bars and stem, Profile II tri-bars. 650c front and rear wheels with Dura Ace hubs, Mavic rims and 28 spokes (radial at front).  Time warp machine which is just as I raced it from 93 to 96 except for slightly newer Shimano SL pedals and nearly new Continental tyres to make it safe and usable when needed. I've only ridden it about 10 miles since it was effectively put in dry storage since 96.  Every couple of years I ride it round the block to see if it's as good as I remember. (It is.) I don't ride it further because my modern road race bike with wider gear ratios makes more sense for me now. I haven't tried to sell it before because it brings back such good (Ironman) memories - but I need the space now. I'm 5ft 11ins and have about 32 ins inside leg. I'd normally pick a 56cm in a regular shaped road bike.  Amazing condition for a 30 year old bike.

Comments