Home Chat General Chat
Options

Oulton Park Duathlon - 19 April

2»

Comments

• Options
    JulesJules Posts: 987
    It was bloody cold to start with, but brightened up and was lovely and sunny by the end. Not too windy at all.

• Options
    husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Yeh it was chilly to start with! thats why I put my white Nike pro skin top on underneath my trisuit!

Well done Jules!! awesome effort:) I probably saw you at the finish as I clapped everyone else in.

Yeh that was me:) no 101 Argon bike.... Did I look fast? doesnt matter if I wasnt longs I looked fast haha

Yeh the two slight inclines knocked speed off, the first on I alternated each lap between staying in the Aero position and getting out the saddle to work some different muscles... then the 2nd i was out the saddle each time so I could get some power down on the flat after it.

Yeh get some hill reps and big gear workouts done and that number 8 wont do it again!! lol. :)

Well done again!
  • Options
    garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Well done chaps, sounds like you had a great day.

I am feeling very inadequate.
  • Options
    ah this event looks like it was good!! does anyone else get totally addicted to the racing high?? It doesnt matter how long or short a race is - I have just come to love finishing.

i had a 5 mile x-country race today and loved it - it was a p.b. too - well at least it would have been if it was 10k. got 41 mins 9 seconds for the five miles so i could have squeezed in another mile to get sub-50. am chuffed.

jack - how's the knee mate? I have been strugling myself and was worried today with the x-country but actually it did wonders for it. i think the softer ground or just the change of terrain was good for it. and a good long cool down. what's wrong with yours?? you reckon it will be fit again for your next race? x

• Options
    husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Results are out on tri 24/7 here is the link.....

http://www.tri247.com/results_6748.html

And I have just found out the guy who won was an Elite level runner when he was younger!! awesome!

The results include individual splits and AG positions for each leg too:)

I had the fastest bike split overall and only 7 secs off a course record!!

Must be the new bike! lol

Another massive well done goes out to Jules!!!! 49th Overall :) initial run sub 20! a good bike split too:) you just need to do some more running off the bike to improve that 2nd run split! Keep it up mate, you have to be happy with your result though......
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Great results :D - the pair of you

• Options
    jacjac Posts: 452
    Those are some great times..something for the rest of us to work towards!!

Well done fellas.
  • Options
    JulesJules Posts: 987
    4th fastest bike in my age group out of 17. Very chuffed with that. Yeah more hill work and more bricks needed! I over took quite a few only the bike only for half the buggers to run past me again [:@] I had a useful tip I got from (I think) Conehead's book though - if you can hear a runner catching you, make them work hard to do it, then try to stay with them as long as you can when they go past.

More race experience will help me too. I'm still learning how far out from the finish I can start cranking up the run a bit. Judging it so you're absolutely knackered but still running right at the finish, not blowing up before the line or leaving it too late and feeling you could have pushed it a bit more. At the moment I'm leaving it just a bit late.

Hussler - you did look very quick [:D]