Home Chat General Chat
Options

So, how many bikes do you own? How many do you need?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    I have a Halfords Aluminium type CS10 Hybred - For commuting etc - Need to replace the rear group set as I have managed to strip most of the teeth off one of the gears....

Just aquired a free Raleigh Pursuit from a nice man at my local pool who just wanted rid so gave it to me for free - needs some work

When I have been in my new job for 6 months I'll be able to get something shiny on the ride to work scheme...

Oh yeah - I also got my first pair of bike shoes and Look pedals (any good?) - so expect many tales of me falling over sideways at traffic lights soon!!!!
  • Options
    julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I have one and a half (it's borrowed). Lovely Peugeot town bike and a Tifosi. The other half had 9 last time I counted. Then the tricycle arrived, and I stopped counting!

I've decided I can't possibly buy a nice shiny bike until I'm good enough to do it some justice.
  • Options
    TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I have 2, a trek road bike and Cervelo P2C TT bike, but I want 2 more!

I want a decent mountain bike so I can enter some xterra type races and a nice carbon road bike for use on hilly courses!
  • Options
    I own 0 bikes, but am hoping to buy this bike in the next week or so... http://scottusa.com/gb_en/product/2422/11893/speedster_s30 [:D]
  • Options
    [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    This seems like a good place to ask

Picking up my new Allez tomorrow still in its box.

My question is do you think it'll fit in the back of the 4 door fiesta I borrowed off a mate to collect it?

Obviously with the seats down.
  • Options
    combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Probably with the front wheel off!

I have three: a really old MTB of unknown origin (police auction!), an Allez Triple and by red carbon dream machine (slightly damage see my crash thread [:@]) Trek 9.5 Equimox

I.
  • Options
    Ancient Trek hybrid for cycling to work (weighs a ton so good workout there!) and a gorgeous white carbon Bianchi c2c road bike for everything else.....hoping for TT bike next year if I am good and Santa brings me one.
  • Options
    j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    toph

Should do, I have moved my bikes around in friends 3 door fiesta. You may have to take it out the box or push the two front seats up a bit though
  • Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    [toPh] wrote:

My question is do you think it'll fit in the back of the 4 door fiesta I borrowed off a mate to collect it?

If it is fully assembled in the box, your may have trouble fitting it in, as the box is usually a lot bigger than the bike.

So, be prepared to take it out of the box, remove one or both wheels. In this case you want to take a blanket/pillow or two (or something similar) so that you can make sure that everything is protected from knocks and scratches caused by everything rubbing together as the vehicle moves. The last thing you want is a scratch or two before you've even christened your new baby.

I'm planning on running (or walking depending on knee status) the five miles to my LBS to collect mine, then cycling back with it! If the weather is nice, won't want to get it all dirty. Only a week to go now. 'cited.
  • Options
    [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Jack Hughes wrote:
    ORIGINAL: [toPh]

If it is fully assembled in the box, your may have trouble fitting it in, as the box is usually a lot bigger than the bike.

So, be prepared to take it out of the box, remove one or both wheels. In this case you want to take a blanket/pillow or two (or something similar) so that you can make sure that everything is protected from knocks and scratches caused by everything rubbing together as the vehicle moves. The last thing you want is a scratch or two before you've even christened your new baby.

The bike will still need to be assembled so hopefully the box wont be too big!