Home Chat Race Chat
Options

Which Ironman

This year was my first year at triathlons and completed an olympic distance and half an ironman distance. In 2009 I would like to complete a full ironman distance. Looks like there are a few to choose from UK, Austria, Switzerland etc. I'm sure they are all tough, is there any particular one you would recommend for a beginner?

Comments

• Options
    bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    cojones - Unfortunately the following European ironman events are all full :- Austria, Germany,Lanzarote and Switzerland which leaves France and UK, probably because the last 2 events are regarded as being very tough. Ironman Austria was full within 12 hours of opening !

There are still a few other non IM branded UK events available to do, and also "Quelle challenge Roth" ( Germany)which in my experience is the best race I have ever competed in.

All Ironman events are tough, but I would just choose anyone and just go for it, it will be a journey of a lifetime, one that you will not regret.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Amen to that!!!!
  • Options
    SOFH
  • Options
    benny wrote:

SOFH

well said , benny.

I really have too much time at hand.[:D]
  • Options
    ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    You could try Barcelona in Oct. It's a new one, the bike is supposed to be relatively flat duuno how true that is. I'm down to do it as it will be my first IM