Home Chat General Chat

Gary Roberts

2»

Comments

• jthetjthet Posts: 45
    Wow, another line of Triathlon gear shopping..... though still getting used to the idea from another thread of a specific "gel bottle".

Does this mean we will get the T-shirt. By which time the 2010 range will require upgrade from cotton to lycra, then silk, then gold gilted sarong. Then someone will put it on there bike (Actually, hasn't a cone... already done that?) and we'll realise that our names on T-shirts is soooo last year and it only looks good on black carbon.....

Why am I coming to realise that Traithlon suckers you in with entry level gear which all leads to black carbon.....

By the way, think its a great idea (Though must have Gary Roberts on it somewhere - the TT is a legend!). Count me in....
  • trevtritrevtri Posts: 39
    Hope to see you on the wombourne tri Gary my first as well. Have been on the waiting list for 2 months ok on swim and bike, crap at running and due to only having an email last night to say ive got a place got about 9 days to get some running in ( done 3 miles once this year as wasnt expecting to do one till end of May lol trying to preserve the knees) should be an experience if nothing else. im 45 and past me best but hoping not to finish last.

Trev
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Hope to see you on the wombourne tri Gary my first as well

Hi Trevtri

No worries mate, yeah, come over and say hi - i haven't always got my thumb in my mouth!

[:D]
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    MrSquishy wrote:

He's like The Stig of the triathlon world jamewah - some say his bones are made entirely of black naked carbon and SIS gel flows through his veins [:D]

Ha ha ha ! thats a great analogy [:D]

I'll monitor his progess also
    I'd buy one of those Gary! Not your one obviously, although I will now have to think of something wittier for my 'signature'... I'll get thinking

Well, i made it happen! Here i am sporting the very first, 'one of a kind' official 220 forum buddies t-shirt.

I wore it at my first tri! Tri turned out pretty good so it has now has been awarded 'special significance' and will be worn at every tri i do [:D]

This is the back, front will follow

[image]local://2838/1587318381B34BD1AE7DC99F61808636.jpg[/image]

• BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    This is quite a motivational thread in a funny sort of way. Think I might start posting up my races and times this year - it'll be interesting as it might be a bit of an up-and-down year with surgeons sharpening their knives once more and making scary recommendations.

Well done everyone so far anyway - fantastic results from Gary already!

blurredgirl

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    When i grow up i want to be just like Gary
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    loving the t shirt gary!

devon girlies & honourary devon girl...we could put the smilie face on ours...saves using the marker pen!

[;)]
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Gary, the new profile pic looks impressive - does that mean a new t-shirt is needed for your next race??? This tri malarky is getting even more expensive for you!
    oooooh.....dunno. I think the original t-shirt may have to stay for a mixture of sentimental and superstitious reasons.....Maybe the new pic can go on the front!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Gary the form is looking good on that stroke! although higher elbow ha!

Where can we get these t-shirts from. i think we should dedicate a post on this as it answers the life long question from Coneheads book.... what to wear to registration.
    Where can we get these t-shirts from. i think we should dedicate a post on this as it answers the life long question from Coneheads book.... what to wear to registration.

I made mine, my daughter had been asking for t-shirt transfers and that was the only excuse i needed to get to staples and buy a pack, about £15, you get 10 transfers, from there you just print on them using a normal inkjet printer and then iron them on a £3 t-shirt (tesco). We should all stick to the same design (obviously change the pic and signature), that way it will be really easy to spot each other.

Job done. I got my new registration t-shirt, my daughter got to design her own fashion stuff (which she will love when i finally give get round to letting her on the PC).

[:D]

• al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    Nice new pic - that stroke looks good. Great head position ... and all that black stealth looking gear, definitely needs a red stripe somewhere. Maybe you can iron one of those on as well.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Nice new pic Gary. You a big Johnny Cash fan by any chance?

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I seriously think this should be a requirement of joining the forum, getting your registration t-shirt printed off!