Home Chat General Chat
Options

When's your first tri of the year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jules, I will be another fat one at the back, at the moment I can't run and can only swim breast stroke. We can bring up the rear together - lol.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    Cardiff 3rd May sprint

and thinking about but have done nothig about Liverpool 21st June and one of the Eton ones in August
  • Options
    gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    White horse half marathon 5th April. hyde Park tri 26th april (sprint), oh and tatton park in sept (olympic).

Good luck everyone! oh and soreen now 50% extra free in sainsburys!
  • Options
    jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Winchester Tri on April 19th will be my first ever. Done a couple of Duathlons but the 6M run currently seems quite daunting.
  • Options
    julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Blenheim, June. My first triathlon. Had a nightmare last night that my leg was in plaster. And there's still 3 months to go!
  • Options
    First tri 24th May - Big Cow Sprint at Emberton Park.

Also, first ever 70.3 for me this year is New Forest in September. On top of that, my second ever open water swim (after Big Cow Sprint) is 3.8k River Arun swim. Inaugural event. Check Raw Energy Pursuits if anyone fancies it. Only 100 entries tho.
  • Options
    watisham tri 25th of april [:)] should be good if am a bit scared!!!
  • Options

@Conspiracy - My first 1/2 IM is also New Forest in Sept.. do you have a specific training plan you are using? I have finally designed a plan starting next week.. 27 weeks to go :)

@Squareclare - I'll see you at Wattisham.. it's my first Tri of the season and only 2nd ever!! My sister has competed in a relay team last year and said it's really friendly and a good novice event..

Scotty

• Options
    jasonculljasoncull Posts: 36
    My very first Tri will be at Henley On Thames in June, not even done one yet and i am about to sign up for Newbury in September[:)]
  • Options
    jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    Humber Sprint, Welton East Yorkshire: Sunday 04/04/09, then the Humber Duathlon 19/04/09

Reallky looking forward to it as I've not competed since Woodhall Spa 2007
  • Options
    Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Dorch 10th may (sprint)

Weymouth 7th June (sprint)

crewkerne 5th july ( super sprint)

Highworth sep ( tbc)(sprint)

Need one for august

target 1 hr 10 or 15.

next year olympic or possibly 70.3

• Options
    JessterJesster Posts: 482
    south cerney sprint june 21, my first open water. then plymouth olympic distance july 12, my first ever OD! anyone else doing these and/or in the same boat?! feels like i've bitten off more than i can chew....good job i like a challenge, eh?
  • Options
    rmbrmb Posts: 22
    lauraf wrote:

First ever triathlon 17th may, Driffield sprint - scary!!!

this will be my first triathlon as well see you there
  • Options
    MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    Henley Sprint on 21st June will be my first ever Triathlon. I quit smoking at 28 and became a running addict to compensate. I'm 33 now but have a bad knee from childhood so need to train differently and Triathlon was natural substitute.

I love it. The swimming is a massive challenge. I've never been great but can now manage 10 continuous crawl lengths at around 30 seconds per length before a short break when my technique goes. Can usually pick it up quickly again. Been swimming since Feb.

The bike I feel naturally good on. I bought a Giant OCR3 for 200 quid in Feb and it's like nothing I've ever ridden. So fast. I live on the IOW and it's a struggle because of the topography and the state of the roads but the speed and control are a lot of fun.

Add them together an they've made me a quicker and more confident runner, my knee is stronger and happier too.

I can't wait as the IOW has it's own Tri, the West Wight Triathlon in September. I'll be entering this and can't wait to think of my 2010 challenge.

Mat
  • Options
    pippip Posts: 170
    My first tri is a sprint at Nantwich on 31st May 500m pool swim 20k bike 5k run i`m hoping to do it in 1hour 15mins we`ll see. I`m booked in at Tatton Park on 20th Sept which OD so plenty of training to do for that,open water swim too in Tatton Mere
  • Options
    shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    My first ever tri is......em tomorrow and I'm literraly papping myself.

Don't know what to expect..... going to put a seperate post up....

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    This is b******s. I am itching to get to my first event of the year (24th May Eton Sprints). Cant seem to fit an event in before this due to work commitments. Would have been doing a 10k this Sunday if it weren't for the large group of tree huggers/do gooders/nothing better to do with their time (please delete as appropriate) converging on London to protest about something or another.
  • Options
    Hello All,

My first tri is the Black Country Triathletes sprint on the 26th of April, i've done a couple of duo's but this is my first ever tri. I'm excited.
  • Options
    garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Black Country Triathletes sprint on the 26th of April

Mine too! Can't wait........where are you based? Hows' the training going?
  • Options
    Yey - done it! - Sunday 29th - East Leake Sprint - fantastic event and my first tri for 8 years! Managed a 1.08.44 - so a bit chuffed really!

One thing I've realised is that I was never any good at transitions thought - they sucked!

Just entered the Norwich standard distance on 5th July - a few more sprints between now and then though!
  • Options
    md6md6 Posts: 969
    my first of the season, and ever for that matter, is crystal palace on 30th May (well about then i'm not good with dates), then i have another sprint and an olympic distance at the end of September, i hope it isn't too cold by then.
  • Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

In 91 hours and 10 minutes :-)

Mansfield Sprint Tri
  • Options
    benjobenjo Posts: 14
    My First one (ever!) is the WOmbourne tri on the 26th. Pretty nervous, but looking forward to it too!
  • Options
    ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    First tri of my life and year.

Kilcock Triathlon, Co Kildare, Ireland. 500m/20km/5km

:)