Home Chat Race Chat
Options

*Llandudno Tri* 12.07.09

epacseepacse Posts: 92
Ok, where to start....a simple word to sum it up...AWESOME!!
Cut my teeth on Llandudno SEA Tri Athlon 'Standard' yesterday, and it was a SEA swim to!! Have i mentioned it was a Sea swim....
The whole day was spot on, start to finish! XtraMile were brilliant, the Organisation, 2nd to none! It all went great!
The registration, the transition, security, the briefs, the support in the water, marshalling, drinks where you needed them...it was all where it should have been! Don't think you could have wanted for much more!
For what i think was going to be one of the pinnacle events in Xtramiles calendar, they should be made up with how it went!
For those who don't know about this event, it was a 1500 SEA swim, 40 bike, 4 laps around the Great Orme and a 10k promenade run!
Sea swim was....fun shall we say! Luckily it was fairly calm, and all straight forward! The Orme ride was excellent, some great views, up and a great down to!
The prom run, for me, was the god send, in the sense, it was flat...and at the end of the 1st 2, was what i needed...plus, the support and viewing for spectators was great!
I could go on and on, but, simply the fact i was fortunate enough to be able to get into this event, fairly last minute, thank you Gemma from Xtramile, that i can say it so far, has been the high light of my tri season!!
So thanks again to Gemma from XtraMile and all there team and the marshals, for putting on a great event, that i would Recommend as a must for anyone next year!