Home Chat General Chat
Options

ISM Adamo saddle

Anyone tried one, are they any good?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, got one. Best thing ever - almost. Close toss up between adamo saddle & retul bike fit. Takes a few rides to get used to it but once you're over that it's fantastic
  • Options
    JulesJules Posts: 987
    Cheers. I am waiting to get a trial one from tryabike. Which model have you got?
  • Options
    I went for the adamo road but when I bought mine they only had a few models. I was advised against the TT/performance saddle being a long distance athlete as they are hard. Sorted out all my preinium pain
  • Options
    I currently have one on trial, i had the "racing" saddle which was the original one, and after 5 or 6 rides found it really comfortable - the first saddle i can use happily in tri shorts with minimal padding. Although it feels really hard to the touch once you have the position right it just feels good - and no nad issues! Have currently got the "road" version and although its softer, i find it much less comfortable and feel like its poking me where it shouldnt, but i guess i need some more adjusting.
    There are brilliant videos about how to fit it and set it up on their website. Definately gonna buy one of them when my trial runs out.
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    +1, trial road saddle from trybike road it and it was brilliant. No more numbness, no chafing. Aero for 4 hours no problem in tri-suit. So I bought one and I haven't quite got the position sorted as the seams at the edge of the pad (2xu endurance) chafed with the new saddle. Need to tweak it a bit. So I got changed into cycle shorts for the outlaw, and I'll do that again next IM too. Well worth 20-30 seconds.

Adamo - recommended.

Ade
  • Options
    Or alternatively you could give one of these a go, unlike the Adamo you don't need to "get used to it" these are comfy right from the off...

http://www.bike-science.com/products/sa ... -1125.html
  • Options
    ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
  • Options
    I have the saddle recommended by Firestarter. this was saddle no 4 , all other saddles including fizik arione tri were causing alternating undercarriage pain and paralysis in the tribars or drops positions, the cobb saddle was my saviour.
  • Options
    ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well I shall put that on my consideration list. I have the Fizik Arione Tri and it is great but discovered over 180k although not sore I was left numbed for a week