Home Chat General Chat
Options

Whats your favourite Tri dish??

Bit of a strange one. just wondered if you could give me some inspiration for meals?!
I've set my goal for next year to do IMUK again and smash my time...now that I know I can do the distance I intend to ramp up the training but that obviously means better/more nutritious meals and snacks.

Share your thoughts and meals as Im getting sick to death with jacket potato with tuna!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    My favourite tri dish? Spaghetti Carbon-ara.

I thank you.
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am a huge fan of Fresh Tuna steak with garlic olive oil, a bed of rice with aspargus!

Try the recipies in the mags! they are often very tasty1
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    Muesli (oats, pumpkin, sunflower, flax seeds) with live yoghurt and fresh/frozen berries or banana

Salads - as many different colours of food as possible. Plenty leaf, watercress, olives, tomatoes, beetroot, red onions, cous-cous, mushrooms, pulses.

steak - rare (red's fastest) eaten with carbon handled titanium bladed knife and fork. More salad.

Not too much carbs apart from during long workouts. Choc nesquik for recovery drink.

During last year ran on a replace pasta with lettuce plan with good protein and had just as much if not more energy for training plus weight down from just under 13 stone to 11'9"
  • Options
    BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Vanessa.....Raw.
  • Options
    FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Britspin wrote:
    Vanessa.....Raw.
    Very good! With a slice of Soreen perchance?
  • Options
    BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    oooooh I think so..
  • Options
    Fish n chips and/or full English. Seriously
    WTF.......if that's what you ate and qualified for Hawaii.......I'm in!!!!

Cheers guys some good ideas. What about snacks for when you've got the permanent munchies!!
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    got the permanent munchies

just stop toking all the time.
  • Options
    ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Toking - had to look that up - modern vernacular - do you reckon that's what Werty is on? I mean he wouldn't be attempting to spam us with cheap shitey knock off tat would he? Oh no I get it now he's being clever - his favourite tri dish is spam - would that be fritters?
  • Options
    wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    After a long ride, it's got to be:

A couple of poppadoms (with dips of course), King prawn puri for starter, Mushroom pilau, Chicken Jalfrezi and a plain naan. Excellent.

Nothing else quite cuts it and it makes the last couple of hours fly by.

Clearly, I have no interest whatsoever in qualifying for Kona.

Marvellous.
  • Options
    [attachment=0:1a6vzj96]Alf_chips.JPG[/attachment:1a6vzj96]
    Is Conehead the secret love child of AlfTupper?
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    OOOOOOOOO Snacks!

I like those Geo bars (apricot)
    I find a FGS powder shake fills a big whole after exercise.
    I do like toast as well1

Then its fruit
  • Options
    Doc - Alf Tupper was my dad's hero - gosh now prompted a rummage through all my annuals going back to 1966 (old git)
  • Options
    SiHillSiHill Posts: 4
    It must be TRI-PE oooh lovely!
  • Options
    I've been having the FGS pre made shakes from the supermarket. Just because there's a chance to win a new bike (or just get a fiver off at wiggle).
  • Options
    Mmnnn... Aero bar & runner beans!

But not Spam, eh Shadowone1?!

• Options
    Curvy, does that mean you are growing runner beans on your aero bars?