Home Chat General Chat
Options

London Oly or Sprint

2»

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Bonus

Other than the barricking (sorry encouragement) on this thread when I noticed there was only a fiver in it I was sold..well it took away the "I can't really afford the full monty" excuse anyway
  • Options
    madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    so it comes down to money does it ... oh the shame ....

what happened to spirit of the competiton .. the commradery of swimiimng / biking & running alongside fellow triathletes .... are we forgetting what it is to british in all this

the pint afterwards surely !!!!!!!!!!!

not to mention how coming in the last 3 can still be an acheivement cos we're british ... eddie the eagle didnt quibble over a fiver in the games .. oh no !!!!!

so when you don your tri suit before the start at London .. dont forget your stiff upper lip and give that fiver to me for the NSPCC .....

MaDnUrSe
  • Options
    That fiver was spent on the oly ;)

Not sure when my age group goes out but hopefully it will be early so that to the cheering public I wont be in the last three and most of them won't check the results spreadsheet...

seriously though...

I am really looking forward to it now though (sick I know)

• Options
    BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    You do realise I only took this on as I thought Micthlob would be doing the carbo drinks on the course.... [;)]

I can only say I feel cheated!!
  • Options
    Thats the only engery drink I will be having post race - wonder if there is a bottle in the goody bag?

• Options
    i have the monday off work and the wife & me are booked into a hotel sat & sun ...oh how many post race carb drinks ??????????????
  • Options
    Your off the booze right? Just completed 3ish hours of triathlon! - This will depend upon wether your diet if optinal or not...

Family Size pizza would probably allow 8 energy drinks

some sorta zen health food about 2

Not booked monday off but I am assuming that I won't be able to drive to work Monday morning I may have to have sick day.
  • Options
    so i may not even get the last drop of my one and only pint down my throat before i pass out but hey how good will it taste ... and if god is smiling i may have passed out before my head bouces off the floor and my wife kicks me in embaressment. do they do vodka based isotonic drink ???

madnurse
  • Options
    hehe edited that message (sorry) shoulda just posted 2...

but yeah I can see the body not reacting well to toxins though it may have adjusted if you get a mouthful of the serpantine.

hum vodka and lucozade sport it may catch on...

• Options
    Oh dear. I hadn't even considered taking a day off after the race. Think I will come into work any way and practice the fine art of sleeping at my desk!
  • Options
    I am imaging that there will be a fair amount of "hero status" when you limp into work...

• Options
    I'm thinking more laughter when they see how badly i've crippled myself. Not the worlds most sympathetic colleagues!!
  • Options
    so Loon ... me auld drinking buddy !!! which grouping are you racing in for London .... am sending my form of for NSPCC (all donations taken gratefully .... nudge nudge) today ... have choice of racing in may own age group or in mixed open aged.. oh the dilemas just add up .. all i ask for is a route map so i can find the finish line and the to the bar to collect my guinness ....

madnurse (phil)
  • Options
    male - 25 -> 29

I am gonna get mullered...hopefully some later groups will catch me so I would be there on me tod

Should have maybe gone mixed but I figure now that is done i wont be in the swimming pack for 2 long